• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a little advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrN10ct

Registered
ok, im looking at building a new system starting with a pentium 2.26, geforce 4, audigy, etc. Trying to decide what mobo I want to get. My last 2 chips have been athlons but amd seems to be losing its touch, also i want to do some overclocking and the p4 seems like a much better choice since amd is already limited by its memory bandwidth it seems. Ive been reading these forums for the past couple of days trying to pick up everything i can, so maybe im not a total n00b anymore. I was looking at the ASUS P4T533 it seems like it will be a good board for oc, but ive read that the memory voltage isn't adjustable, how badly will this affect stability at say 180mhz fsb?

I think the new gigabyte GA-8IHXP is a good motherboard try to read the review at tomshardware.com

well, after reading about the DDDR coming out soon I may hold out just a bit longer and see how those boards stack up against each other, thanks for the advice though.

Back