• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Point of view 4200 with 3.3 ns memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I t would OC higher than most TI4400 cards (3.6ns) but it wouldn't past TI4600 cards (2.8ns).

JohnDoemakt said:
ok ok, but that was not my point. The point was that is should pass all the other 4200 cards by far.

Still no experience with this card?
Hmm..yes, it will pass all the TI4200 which has slower mem then 3.3ns.

No experience with that card as far as I know. It reminds me of the SUMA Ti4200SE.

I don't mean to be a thread-jacker, but why does the Ti4400 and the Ti4600 look so dramtically different on their site?

-PC

Well, theoretically 1/.0000000033ns = 300 MHz *2 = 600 MHz DDR. The Prolink Ti4200s already run that fast with ordinary 4ns RAM. Funny but the Gainwards with the 3.6ns DDR, theoretically 540 MHz DDR, can't get much over 560 MHz. So there's no guarantee it will O/C much, but you would hope 3.3ns RAM would go to at least 650 MHz DDR.

Well, I don't believe Anand's overclocking test at all. All GF4 Ti4200 cards are virtually identical. It's impossible for one to run 60 MHz slower and benchmark faster. The only way to get that result would be if he ran them all at the same overclocked speed. So I'm not buying what Anand's selling. He's put out a number of questionable reviews in the last year and a half or so. I had much more faith in his stuff when he was still in high school and his life revolved around motherboards. I think all the beer and loose women in college have affected his ability to concentrate. :beer:

So you think he faked it or lied to make the Gainward look better (kickbacks getting thin)?

What about running more aggressive RAM timings, you don't think that would be enough of a difference?

I was shocked to see the end results compared to the OC, but instantly went into gullible mode and thought "its written so it must be true"

I just don't get why he would lie unless he gets some nice "gifts" from Gainward once in a while.

Last edited:
Lied? Faked? I blamed beer and loose women, remember. :beer: IMO, those results aren't plausible. I just think they got confused about what the settings were. Like I said, maybe they ran them all overclocked at the same speed. Then you could have small differences based on the layout of the traces and slightly better performing components.

Back