• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connect fan wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

Ok, I am thinking about getting a fan like this and was wondering; how do I connect those two wires to a molex? I already have molex wires from current fans... but how do I connect it into the molex? Also, what Vdc do I need for it to work? I've got an Antec 300w PSU.

FAN1060.jpg

Lord Thundar said:
The easiest way to to take an out of use molex connect (if you have one), cut the 12v and associated grd, then connect the wires from the fan to the cut connections...

Ok, thanks. Also, what Vdc does the fan need to be? I see 12, 24, and 48 Vdc. And what does it stand for?

The fan needs to be 12v - vdc stands for voltage direct current. dc is what all computer components use, as well as anything that works off batteries, including your car. AC, or alternating current, is the type of power that is supplied from your home wall socket.

Ok, thank you so much. I am buying me a few 92mm fans for my case today, that is why I wasn't sure. Thanks again!

Back