• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the 1/5 multi kick in auto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RatBag

Registered
Hi guys i have the msi kt3 ultra and im running it at 2x200fsb and sisoft says its still in the 1/4 multi and my pci bus is running at 50mhz.........now that would be murder on my components ....is there a jumper on the board or an option in the bios im missing ? Some please help im pulling my hair out trying to fing where it is

hey, I might not be of much help, but as far as I know the 1/5 multiplier is supposed to kick in at around 155 fsb. I dont know what your bios settings are, or if that would even help. But from everything I have read its supposed to be auto. Maybe someone else know for sure. Never been able to get that high because my processor is still locked.

I would say Sisandra is wrong. they probably haven't caught up with the hardware yet.

Ok thats good to no i was a little scetchy about my pci being at 50mhz but i dout it would run that speed anyways:cool:

jsut some question

hey Ratbag,
just want to ask some question ?
1)what is your processor@what speed ? what is the voltage ?
and what cooling do you use ?

2)what is your memory to run 2*200 ? voltage ? what is your
memory setting ?

Hey there to answer your qeustions
1 tbird 1.33ghz at 1500 1.85v 2 samsung ddr 333 at 400 2.8v 3 memory timmings at 232 58 2cmd 4 cooling is an old school wbk 38 with 3 case fans

I read some KT3-Ultra rewies and it says this motherboard doesn`t have 1/5 mult. Is that true?? i`m confuse :(

That's not true. All VIA KT333 based mobos have the 1/5 divider as it is part of the chipset unless the mobo manufacturer hasn't choosen to implement it which would be crazy because it would not operate at 333 anyway.

Back