• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Brackets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Ok, well im new to building building computers and iv only been inside a few. Im planning on building an old thing for my grandmother to use. She wants a desktop oriented case, those are few and fare between. I know that the mobo mounts onto the case with mental brackets, now, my question here, how standardized are these brackets, will i have to go searching for the right case, or will i attach the brakets to the case because they came with mobo? Can somone enlighten me on how this works, i know its a newb q, but you gotta learn somewhere.

They usually come with the case. If it's a "Micro" desktop, they may be part of, and/or already in place. if it's a larger desktop they will use the regular "standoffs", which are standardized.

Captain Slug said:
Do you mean Motherboard stand-offs?

I found them for cheap (without having to buy a hundred)
Here

Or you can just PM me and I'll send them to you for free. I've already given some to Mr.B, and I still have tons of them.

i guess thats what i mean, im new to this thing, my question is this, ok i have motherboard A and motherboard B, will i need different things to attatch them to the case?

assuming they have the same form factor (i.e ATX, AT BATX, ect.)
No

If they are different form factors you might have some difficultly in logistics. The best thing to do is open up your computer case and pull Motherboard A out, and see if Motherboard B will fit.

Tactics

actualy im building a comp, so will i have to make sure i get a case with the same form factor as the mobo i get?

Back