• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thank you hoot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quest

Hoot I finally got my blower(AC version with a dimmer) installed today. I am using it as the system fan but not the cpu fan. One of my roomates would of forgot to turn it on and fried the CPU so i still use the CPU fan. I have it over the end of my video card near the end of it. It blows directly on both sides of the vid card and washes over the memory. The difference is amazing. I only had stock cooling before. It is 84 degress in my house right now. And it says my system temp is 30c and CPU temp is 36-37c running prime 95 for 55 minutes. Before i put in the blower and dumped the stock cooling in this heat i was like 38c system and 45c with cpu idle and in mid 50's c running prime 95. When the temp got in the 90's i even had to use a house fan to cool my computer. Thank you so much. I am able to play games hard again in this muggy heat. My CPU is a duron 750 with a Abit KT7a MB and a year old OCZ cpu HSF. The best part is i don't even need the fan full blast to reach these temps. Now I can upgrade to a 1.33 and not worry about heat. Thank you

thats pretty sweet, you should rig it to a relay so it starts with your computer then you wont have to worry about your roomate killing your cpu... on and btw, if it gets hot then its not stable and its only gonna lock up, i found that earlier, my cpu fan (im aircooled for a couple days) unplugged from my fan controller thingy i made... and it got to who knows what, prob like 65c and rebooted... and in the bios it was 58c then i looked at the fan:p

uea high temp instability crashes have saved my cpu a few times with some of my squerly tests. bios safteys are good but typicaly my system dumps before it gets that hot.

Back