• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd 2200+ overclocking settings & Stats results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rom173

Registered
I know its early, but, does anyone have any stats as to what they are able to get the new thoroughbred 2200+ up to, along with bios settings. Just curious, because I'm getting my 2200+ this comming Tuesday, and hope to get it stable at over 2000 mhz. Unfortunately for me, I will still need to pick up a quality 2700 memory module that handle overclocking. I am currently using crucial 256/2100. Just want to see what the Big Boys are getting their 2200's up to, and what types of hardware they recommend.

Thanks

What MOBO are you using now? MSI????
Does my mobo support thorobred???

MSI K7TPRO2

I am using the Kt3 Ultra. My system is as follows

2200+ Tbred (which the MOBO Bios does read at stock settings)

Nanya 256/2100 ddr. (I know...I need 2700 mushkin or Corsair)

CoolerMaster Heatpipe

Radeon 7000/64mg ddr

I can't seem to get her stable past 1950 mhz (144 x 13.5)

I've tried everything to get her to run at higher FSB:

I decreased my multiplier to 12.5 @ 152 = no post!
I can't seem to get her to boot when I increase the Muliplier to 14.0

I have however gotten her up to 2011Mhz! But she is nowhere near stable. (149 x 13.5)

If you have any ideas as to what would be the best combination as far as bios settings and FSB x Muliplier settings, I would greatly appreciate your knowledge. I'm stuck!!

At stock settings (1800 mhz) and setting the Kt3 bios to High Performance, (which increases my Memory timmings) I am getting far better performance from my system, than if I set my bios to default settings (Regular Memory timmings) and increase my speed to 1950 mhz.

I Flask movies a lot, and am getting the same speed at High Performance Bios settings at a stock 1800 mhz, as I am getting with regular Bios settings and increasing my speed to 1950 (144 x 13.5)

I am also dealing with a lot of heat issues because of where I live. It gets to be 90 degrees in my room, so I have to run with my panels off, and a House fan positioned on High, directly on my motherboard! ONCE my cpu temps goes to 50 Degrees for more than 15 minutes, My system Crashes.

One things for certain, These T-Breds Can Not handle heat like my good ole Thunderbird Processor. I can run that baby at 53 degrees celsius all day long!

Bottom line is, I will not be happy only overclocking to a stable 1950 with the best AMD Cpu. And I don't have the money for a water cooling system.

I need Help!

Ok,

Since no KT3 owners out there have the specs for the 2200+, I will share mine with you. Before unlocking my cpu, I was only able to run stable at 142FSB @ 13.5 multiplier. Now that I have unlocked my cpu, my front side bus is stable at
"177FSB x 11=1952mhz!!!" The mhz difference wasn't that much in comparison to my old settings, but boy the performance is incredible. I have cut off nearly 20 minutes in Flasking (ripping DVD's)!!! This week I will be doing a Voltage Mod on my board. My goal is to get to at least 200FSB x 10=2000mhz!!

If you guys don't know, you gotta get the 2200+!!! It is by far the easiest cpu to unlock, and definately the most fun to overclock!!!

:burn:

Mod Complete, Just need better memory.

Well,

I couldn't wait, so I did the V.Core Mod today. After doing the Mod, the bios Voltage ratings didn't change. However, PC Alert read the Voltages just find. With the T-Bred, the max Voltage after Mod is 1.84 Volts according the PC alert. At 182 FSB x 11, I was able to get her stable at 2007 mhz According to WCPUID. I ran Prime 95 for a few hours for stablility, and it was fine. Not Bad with air only.

However, I Flask (Copy & Compress DVD's) all of the time, and was only getting stable readings at 181 FSB x 11 @ 1996 mhz, again according to WCPUID.

I really believe that I will be reaching phonomenal speeds when I get better memory in. I am using a generic brand of 2700 ddr. You have to do the Vmod on this board, to get successful overclocking results, other wise you might want to consider the Epox 8k3a. The bios for the V.Core, I have read, Naturally goes up to 2.2 volts without Modification.

Last reply to my own Thread

Hi all!!

As of yesterday, after installing My Vantec Tornado input fan, and Adding the Thermaltake Heat sink to my memory, I am offically Standing down from doing anymore overclocking. I am rock Solid Stable at 2020mhz during the day, and 2030mhz at night when room temps drop. Good luck to all using the msi kt3, hopefully the Kt4 has better Vcore options. But I must say that I am pretty happy going as far as I have with mediocre Hardware, and air.

Take Care!

Rom:p

Well done on the 2G Rom173!!!
The voltage supply and stabilisation of the supply to the cpu on this mobo is disappointing. If you have a look at the mobo you'll see that the original intention was to use 2 further MOSFETS to stabilise the cpu very like the original K7T Turbo V3.0b. This is what is causing this mobo to be poor in the oc dept in my opinion. I have both mobo's and have used my T'bird 1.33 AXIA Y in both and definitely get better speeds with the K7T. The overall performance of the KT3 is better purely because of the RAM utilisation. Have just done a volt mod on mine and busy doing a sub-0 burn at 2.05V to see if I can reach 1.7G

Back