This is the second addition of modifying renegade.
This modification is for people that have experience overheating of their CPU by booting OS.
The renegade will be turned on first prior to turning on the computer, therefore cooling the system before the CPU is turned on. This is for individuals that are overclocking on high FSB. The following is the requirements:
Parts from Radioshack:
- One 5 mm Blue LED 5 volt part number 276-311
- Push On/Push Off switch, Part number 275-617A
- Banana Plugs (2) Part number 274-730 C
- Banana Jacks Part number 274-725 B
- Transformer from 120 volt AC to 5 volt DC (this can also be purchased at Radioshack)
2. Case Wall you drill holes in the back wall of your computer case
3. This is harness which comes out of the renegade into the case
5. Yellow 12 volt +
6. Black 12 volt –
7. Black 5 volt –
8. Red 5 volt +
9. Push on/Push off switch
10. Led light watch the polarity!!!!!!!
Disconnect main power system. Open the case, cut off from the plug which comes out from the renegade the black and red wire ( this black and red wire is the main power which turns the refrigeration system from the renegade on and off). The yellow and black wire are the connectors for the 12 volt fan of the renegade. As you can see from the picture, the Led diode, the renegade LCD readout and push on/push off switch are placed into the bay ( you may choose to place this as you wish). Just simply follow the schematic drawing.
To turn the system on and off manually: Push on/push off button to the on position, you will see the LED light come on, observe the temperature ( for approximately 2 minutes ) once you see the temperature reach anywhere between 17-19 degrees celsius you can turn on the computer. The computer needs to be turned off first before you turn off the renegade, this will insure the computer will remain within safe temperature limit.
Tags: Systems & Components