Last month we had an idea to start a Rig-of-the-Month thread, so that’s what we did! For a first go-round, it was roundly a success – with 22 entries in all. The rules are pretty simple.
- Post a picture of your system in this thread.
- Photos must be reasonable sizes – 1000px x 1000px max.
- Maximum three photos, so choose wisely.
- Pictures must be uploaded to the forum.
- If your photo is not uploaded to the forum, your entry will be deleted. If you need help with that, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Assuming there are plenty of entries, after two weeks’ish, forum staff will decide on the top 3-5 systems out of the submissions.
- Once the top systems are chosen, a poll will be added to the thread for everyone to vote on their favorite.
- He or she whose rig is voted the top will have their system featured in a frontpage article and a post on our Facebook page.
This isn’t only about how powerful your system is, or how good it looks, or how original, or how whatever…it’s all of those things combined. If you don’t have a very powerful system but it looks good, post it. If you have an original looking system, post it. If you have a ZOMG look how powerful it is system post it. Anything goes. There are no high stakes, just the honor of having your system posted on the front page and our Facebook page.
Since we hope this becomes a semi-regular thing, winners must sit out the next six Rig o’ The ___ contests. You can still post to show people what they should strive for, but they’re ineligible to win again for six months.
As you can see, this isn’t intended to necessarily be every month, but since people seem to like it and as long as things don’t get in the way, we’ll try to make it every month.
There was a lot of competition for this; and out of twenty two, forum staff chose five to compete for the top. There can only be one winner though, and after well over a hundred and forty votes, that winner is…..(drumroll please!)….
mwindham08’s Computer in a Desk
This beautiful build was installed in an old sewing desk and comes complete with plenty of top-of-the-line hardware.
- Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
- 32 GB G.Skill Rigjaws Z series RAM
- 3 EVGA GTX 580 3Gb Edition
- Seasonic Platinum 1000 watt
- OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb
- 2 Western Digital 1TB drives in RAID 0
- Asus D2x Sound card
- Asus Essence One DAC
- Beyer DT990
Per the rules, mwindham08 can’t participate for the next six competitions, so the rest of us will have a chance next month. Be sure to stop by the September Rig-o’-the-Month thread and enter your system!