Flexible dual SATA Hard Drive Enclosure featuring JBOD, Individual, Raid 0 and Raid 1 configurations with easy to use backup software – Joe
SUMMARY: Flexible dual SATA Hard Drive Enclosure featuring JBOD, Individual, Raid 0 and Raid 1 configurations with easy to use backup software.
The good guys at Vantec were nice enough to send a sample of their Vantec NexStar MX to try out. This external enclosure ships with data backup software.
- Supports four different configurations: JBOD, Individual, Raid 0 and Raid 1
- Dual SATA I/II Hard Drives up to 2.0 TB
- Front vents and rear cooling fan (quiet)
- Aluminum case
- Arcsoft Totalmedia Backup software
- Size: 197 x 123 x 72mm
- Ships with external power supply, USB and eSATA cables, PCI slot eSATA adapter, manual, backup software CD
The back shows the power, USB eSATA ports, On/Off rocker switch and the 40mm cooling fan:
The front shows the LEDs for power and activity lights for each hard drive:
Removing four screws from the back releases the hard drive sleeve:
The drives mount to the PCB – the activity LEDs are visible on the front bar:
Selecting among the various options requires the user to set these DIP switches and reset button as “partly explained” in the manual:
In order to reset the dip switch, you have to hold the reset button, turn the unit on and then release the reset after a few seconds.
Included with the NexStar MX is ArcSoft’s TotalMedia Backup. This program enables users to:
- Back up files including photos, videos and email
- Schedule automatic full or incremental backups
- Easily restore files with a step-by-step restore function
The opening screen gives a number of backup options:
Tags: Systems & Components