Kit test – Joe
SUMMARY: Entry level kit with very modest performance.
The base is adequately finished.
The kit includes:
- Aluminum waterblock with integrated pump, aluminum radiator and water tank
- Fan bracket with low noise fan
- AMD / Intel P4 CPU mounting brackets and screws
- Thermal grease
- Mounting pad
- Magnetic Pump integrated with waterblock
- Pump Head: 400 mm (16 inches)
- Pump Flow Rate: 500 ml/min (about 8 gal/hr)
The kit features an integrated waterblock/pump arrangement:
What looks like a fan is a magnetic flywheel which drives the impeller inside the waterblock. As you can see from the specs above, this is a very low flow system – about 8 gallons/hr (3R System spec); note also that the system’s head is minimal – 16 inches.
The radiator features a plenum on both sides and tubes between:
The black item on the front allows mounting the radiator to a standard 80 mm fan hole pattern.
The WCL-03 inlcudes a separate reservoir
which clips onto the top of the radiator.
The parts that ship with the kit
allow mounting options for AMD Socket A and Intel P4 CPUs.
The 80 mm radiator fan is very low noise – it turns at a leisurely 1400 rpm, with low cfms as a result
The WCL-03 were tested using the CPU Die Simulator.
C/W = Delta / CPU Watts