ADATA Technology, a leader in high-end memory modules, has announced the release of the ADATA SE760 external solid-state drive (SSD). The SE760 features a sleek design with high-speed performance, with read speeds of up to 1000 MB/s when using the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface. At this time it comes in three sizes, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB. Pricing was not mentioned.
Details from the Press release are found below:
|Color||Black / Titanium Gray|
|Capacity||256GB / 512GB / 1TB|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||122.2 x 44 x 14mm / 4.8 x 1.73 x 0.55inch|
|Weight||95 g / 3.35 oz|
|Interface||USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C (backward compatible with USB 2.0)|
|Operating system requirements||Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10|
|Mac OS X 10.6 or later|
|Linux Kernel 2.6 or later|
|Android 5.0 or later|
|Op. Temperature||0°C (32°F) to 35°C (95°F)|
|Op. Voltage||DC 5V, 900mA|
|Accessories||USB 3.2 Type-C to C cable,USB 3.2 Type-C to A cable, Quick Start Guide|
1. Product includes USB-C to USB-C cable and USB-C to USB-A Cable. Connection to microUSB requires separate cable, not included.
2. Compatibility with specific host devices may vary and could be affected by system environment.
3. Connecting via USB 2.0 requires plugging in to two USB ports for sufficient power delivery. A USB Y-cable will be needed.
4. Please note that USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen2, and USB 3.2 Gen2 are in fact the same specification and feature the same exact performance capabilities. The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) recently rebranded USB 3.1 Gen2 to USB 3.2 Gen2. For more information about the change, please visit the USB-IF website at www.usb.org.
The SE760 external SSD combines elegant aesthetics with high-speed performance. What’s more, the SSD sports a clean, streamlined design characterized by a sturdy metal shell with a clean hairline-brushed surface. Using the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface the SE760 delivers read speeds of up to 1000 MB/s.
With USB 3.2 Gen 2, the SE760 sports read speed of up to 1,000 MB/s, which is up 12.5 times* faster than an external hard drive. It’ll only take you 10 seconds to transfer a 10GB 4K movie. Now that’s fast.
* This result was achieved in a lab environment utilizing a PC with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support and UASP driver installed. Actual performance may vary depending on host device and software configurations.
USB-C – It’s Always the Right Way
The SE760 uses a USB-C (Type C) connector, which is reversible. There’s no annoying up or down like with older USB connectors. No guessing, plug it in the first time. Every time.
Share and Enjoy Across Devices
Plug n play with Windows, Mac OS, and Android means you can move content between devices without limitations. Whether for work or enjoyment, the SE760 empowers you with simple connectivity and the convenience of USB-C.
* Please confirm that your host device supports OTG (On-The-Go) functionality. Some operating systems may require the SE760 to be reformatted when connected.
Get Gaming Faster
Are your games taking forever to load? With the SE760 store your games and load them faster.
* The actual loading times may vary depending on individual games. You may need to modify the disk format before connecting to the host.
The SE760 features a beautiful metal shell with an understated hairline-brushed that looks and feels exquisite.
Smaller, Quieter, More Reliable
With no mechanical components, SSDs are smaller and more resilient than HDDs. They are more resistant to shock, vibration, and therefore provide better protection for data. What’s more, SSDs also run silently.