Table of Contents
Last week, AMD released an update to its Radeon Adrenalin Software to 22.10.2. There is no additional game support included with this patch; however, it does fix several bugs, such as driver timeouts, video stuttering, and dropped frame rates. Most of the issues seem to deal with the 6000 series GPUs, but other series may benefit from this update too. For a complete compatibility list and a download link, please see AMD’s press Release Notes below.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Software 22.10.2 Update
- Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
- Vertical Refresh Sync set globally to Always Off may cause system stuttering or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
- While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.
- GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- When Radeon™ Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing shift + back key. [Resolution targeted for 22.11.1]
- Elite Dangerous may crash upon launch on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.3]
- Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Improvements have been made in 22.10.2 to reduce occurrence for some configurations.
- AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 installation package contains the following:
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 Driver Version 22.20.29.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.12019.1042).
The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following link:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Radeon Product Compatibility
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600/6500/6400 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics Radeon™ VII Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows 11 version 21H2 and later
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and later