ASUS is already known as having a motherboard for pretty much every potential market segment out there. Now they’re loading another model to the hilt and adding one more – the P8Z77-V Premium. This will be ASUS’ flagship non-Republic of Gamers SKU, fitting right between the high-end Deluxe model and their ROG Flagship, the Maximus V Formula, when it comes out later this quarter (rumors I’ve seen put its release sometime in June).
The add-ons of this board have some nice ROG-like features including power section similarities, dual LAN, a boatload of SATA ports and USB BIOS flashback.
One very interesting add-on is that one of the nine referenced SATA ports is an mSATA port, complete with a 32GB SSD plugged in. Setting up SSD caching has never been easier because the drive comes built-in to the board!
Highlighted features include:
- USB3 Boost support
- USB Bios Flashback
- Dual Intel Gigabit Nics featuring iNetwork Control Packet Priority
- 4 way SLI and 4 way Crossfire support via a new PLX Gen 3 switch
- Dual Band Wifi with BT 4.0 featuring WiFi Go! Software Suite ( for DLNA Streaming/Serving, Easy file transfer to android/iOS devices and remote desktop functionality )
- Onboard MSATA support with 32GB MSATA SSD
- Digi+ VRM with 3 way Digital power design ( CPU/VRM – DRAM – iGPU )
- 9 SATA Ports
- 6 4 Pin PWM Fan Headers featuring Fan Xpert 2 Fan Technology ( for advanced control in UEFI and OS as well as automatic fan calibration )
We’re not sure when these will be released (and ASUS can’t divulge that information or pricing at this juncture), but it certainly looks like a feature-packed ASUS powerhouse!
-Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)