Always looking to cater to the computer enthusiast, EVGA showed us a glimpse of what 2014 holds in store for their new product offerings. EVGA will be getting into the gaming mouse business and will also offer braided cable assemblies and kits for their PSU line. Let’s have a look at what EVGA was showing off at CES 2014!
New Products for 2014
As mentioned above, EVGA will be offering a couple of gaming mice in 2014 that they’ll call the Torq X10 and Torq X10 Carbon. While both X10 mice have carbon fiber at the top portion, the “carbon” version extends the carbon fiber along the sides as well. EVGA has supporting software for the Torq X10 mice they call “EVGA Unleash.” Here are the features the mice and software offer (courtesy EVGA):
Torq X10 Features
- Ambidextrous grip supporting left and right handed gamers.
- Moveable mechanism allows for proper support of various hand sizes.
- Avago 9800 laser provides up to 8200 DPI with up to 1000Hz polling rate.
- Highest quality Omron switches with a lifespan of over 20 million clicks.
- Supports up to 9 programmable buttons.
- Fully customizable RGB LED.
- Built in 512KB memory for profile storage.
- Metal base provides solid construction.
- Weight control system allowing you to customize the weight to your liking.
- 6ft silver coated USB cable with braided surface.
Unleash Software Features
- Allows full control of the EVGA TORQ X10.
- Designed with usability in mind.
- Heads up display shows key settings at a glance.
- Flexible macro and profiling system.
- Adjustable LED color and brightness.
EVGA also shared a look into how conceptual ideas come to fruition by using mock-ups. Below is a picture of a concept board they had on display, which shows several different mock-ups as designs progress.
EVGA will be offering custom-sleeved cabling for their power supplies in 2014. We’re told they should be available on an individual cable basis or in kit form.
The much anticipated Hadron Hydro mini-ITX case is now available for purchase at the EVGA store, where you can also purchase the accompanying water cooling kit specifically designed for it. The Hadron Hydro comes complete with a gold-rated 500 watt PSU and support for long video cards.
The GTX 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n edition should be available to purchase Q1 2014 and promises to be an extreme overclocker’s delight. EVGA also boasts a “Build to Order” option for people interested in purchasing this video card. Complete details on this option will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.
EVGA had all their popular Supernova units on display for us to drool over. The Supernova branding includes the NEX, G2, and P2 series of units that range anywhere from bronze to platinum certification.
While there may not have been a huge amount of new items here, it is nice to see EVGA continue to expand their enthusiast-level products. Stay tuned for more CES 2014 tidbits over the coming days!