Howdy and welcome to another Overclockers.com How-To guide. This time its on the new Version 7 Beta FAH client. With this version you will be able to consolidate all your clients into one central client.
List of links:
Yes you might feel like this is a lot of info to take in but what you have to remember is that this is a breeze to setup. Here I have laid out for you a step by step install guide (All pictures courtesy of FAH website).
- Install it using the custom install option.
2. At this point pick the users that will be using F@H
3. FAH will ask you about 2 install paths first is the client install path and next is the FAH control install path.
4. Set as service if you really want to. However I use manual control of all of my FAH clients.
ATTN: Please note the following Service Mode is not available to GPU clients in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
5. FAH will ask you for your info and yes a passkey is needed.
6. Now that the install is done we will look at how to setup this new client.
ATTN: Please note the following during setup of client; save on every tab or the info on that tab will not be saved.
Step by Step Setup of client:
- Open the program and you’ll see your loopback address (127.0.0.1) grayed out.
- Switch to Expert view Located in the top right corner.
- Click configure in upper left hand corner.
- Then press the start button on first tab in the local console.
- After that you will need to click the slots tab and add the needed items, CPU and GPU clients.
- Setup items on advanced tab: CPU usage to 100%, I like to use checkpointing every 30 mins (Saves on writes to your hard drive), Verbosity should be set to 5 (as 5 is now the highest form of verbosity).
- Stop the client. Just like you started it in step #4, using the Stop button.
- Open the install folder and open your config.xml in notepad, Edit your config to look like mine and then save it then delete WUs which are located in the work folder which is inside of your FAHclient folder. Please do not change info in FOLDING SLOT as it is different on each computer.
Below is a copy of my config file I’m posting it for reference pay close attention to the bold areas:
<!– FahCore Control –>
<!– Folding Slot Configuration –>
<!– Logging –>
<!– Network –>
<!– User Information –>
<passkey v=’enter your passkey here’/>
<!– Work Unit Control –>
<!– Folding Slots –>
<slot id=’0′ type=’SMP’/>
<slot id=’1′ type=’GPU’/>
Restart the client. Just like step #4 using the start button.
If you didn’t install as a service: To start the client each time you’ll need to open FAH control click on your client, hit config and start client just like you did to setup the client.
After following this procedure you should now have all your clients in this one central version. Don’t forget to monitor your PPD using our in house monitoring application, HFM.net created by Harlam357 (testing with this client version now..please go to his thread (HERE) to support the effort). If you have any questions about FAH, please visit the Overclockers.com Team32 Folding section with its helpful and very knowledgeable members who are dedicated to this great cause. This concludes my guide on installing F@H ver7 Beta.
Note: At the time of this publication, HFM does not support the ver7 beta client to my knowledge.