• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockix Revived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Please set up a tor RSS. Be nice to automate my seed box to grab and go.

depending on what software you're using on your seedbox my be able to auto download without an rss feed.

I use flexget to grab most of my torrents and load them in to Deluge, here is my linux distros section of my flexget config, it may help someone.

Code:
feeds:
  linux:
    inputs:
      - html: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/alternative-download
      - html: http://www.archlinux.org/download/
      - html: http://overclockix.mbentley.net/releases/amd64/torrents/
    regexp:
      accept:
        - .*\.torrent
      reject:
        - i386
        - i686
        - server
        - netbook
    deluge:
      movedone: /media/torrents/DiskImages/
      label: Linux
      ratio: 10

http://flexget.com/

Last edited:
When making an image of a hard drive the other day, I ran into two issues:
I didn't include 'smbfs' in the packages and on the i386 builds, I used a kernel built for >= 686 so on a system with a cpu that supported 586 or less, overclockix wouldn't boot. i am not aware of any major advantage to using 686 over 486 kernels so for the next build, i am switching to the 486 for better backwards support.

I'm looking to do a build sometime before the end of the month. Any last requests? I don't really have a whole lot for this one yet and will probably be the last build I do for at least 3 months unless there is something major that comes up.

I dont know if you have or not but
shred
pv
nc

should all make the cut as tools for a livecd

I just looked to see which packages all of those apps can be found in...

nc - netcat-traditional
pv - pv
shred - coreutils

If I end up with some free time tomorrow, I'll be creating new builds to be uploaded on Friday.

Well, I have the builds ready, I just never got the time to upload them on Friday. I will just do some further testing this weekend to make sure they are working fine and then upload them on Monday.

I appreciate your work on this Matt

I still think you should re-evaluate the desktop. At least for my purposes I want the distro to load as fast as possible (for example I had to shred a computer over the weekend so I grabbed an LXDE version of something

Still we appreciate it

When I eventually get some time, I will see if there is a way that I can install multiple desktop environments and have it prompt the user to choose which they would like to use. Creating another set of images to add another desktop environment isn't really in the cards right now.

I have just released the latest version, .014. There are torrents available at www.overclockix.com as well as the normal http downloads. The rss feed has been updated as well.

Last edited:
I noticed the updated RSS. Checked my torrent client. Sure enough, I am DL'ing all four torrents. :thup:

They'll be downloading pretty slow since I have my torrent upload speed extremely limited but thanks! There isn't a whole lot in the way of extra applications that were added but there were quite a few system updates applied in the time between the .013 and .014 release.

It looks like it will take a couple days or so. I will be seeding long as I can keep a steady connection, and I don't lose the swarm.

I've set my torrent client to increase the upload speed during off hours (overnight) so hopefully it will be a bit quicker soon.

I'll see if I can just hit the direct download. Then insert them into the swarm manually. It should help out with your upload.

edit: I started to add the files into the swarm. I allocated 70kB/s 90kB/s for the 4 files.

edit #2: The 64bit files are seeding now. Downloading the 32bit files and will continue to insert into the swarm.

Last edited:
I am part way through downloading the 64bit files, right now I'm downloading at about 50kbs per torrent

I have set deluge to seed them till 1:100 ratio, got the upload limit set at 600kbs between them, it should make things a bit faster for future downloaders :)

Even though it may not look like it. For some reason I haven't figured out yet. No one is connecting to me. I am seeding all four torrents and it works flawless with other swarms. Just this particular set of files doesn't want to allow anyone to connect.

If anyone could check to see if I am visible in the swarm... Check for: cpe-184-xx-xxx-174.neo.res.rr.com (or 184.xx.xxx.174) You will know it's me if you see the IP range. The ratio is low, since I re-checked them. To make sure everything was okie dokie against the hashes.

overclockix.bmp

As you might notice. I am in it and seeding. Just no one is connecting to me, or has for some time. Seeing them i386 versions with one lonely seed, saddens me. :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have anyone connecting. The torrents aren't all that active to be honest. I've been seeding the .013 versions for quite some time and they've barely been touched.

Even though it may not look like it. For some reason I haven't figured out yet. No one is connecting to me. I am seeding all four torrents and it works flawless with other swarms. Just this particular set of files doesn't want to allow anyone to connect.

If anyone could check to see if I am visible in the swarm... Check for: cpe-184-xx-xxx-174.neo.res.rr.com (or 184.xx.xxx.174) You will know it's me if you see the IP range. The ratio is low, since I re-checked them. To make sure everything was okie dokie against the hashes.

overclockix.bmp

As you might notice. I am in it and seeding. Just no one is connecting to me, or has for some time. Seeing them i386 versions with one lonely seed, saddens me. :)

I have connected to you. I am pulling it down right now.

Part of my 'problem' has been I read posts while at work which has a no-torrent policy and by the time I get home I had gotten pre-occupied by something else.

And Matt just so you know, I do use your distro live cd to do replair work. I believe I mentioned I used it to retreive data of a bad array, and having it around will allow me to shred hard drives as needed

A permanent install function would be nice sometime in the future

Back