• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very high CPUTIN temp.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

velomaxx

Registered
earlier today I left my computer idle and shut the LEDs on the fan off from my case. I went to boot it up later and before I gamed I checked my temperatures and the CPUTIN temp. was 124c. I don't know if this is even possible because before it was at 60c and it never changed from that. I don't even know what a CPUTIN is but I'm guessing it's not good if it's that high. I had my bios on default settings and I have not overclocked anything yet. What should I do to prevent this happening again? and also, do you think I damaged anything in my system because I bought warranty.

Pic attached is my normal system temps. read by HWmonitor

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 46,323
It's bogus. Looking over CPUID's HWM and my CPUTIN is 60C as well, whereas the hottest core is at 36C. Feel free to ignore it.

This is in a non air conditioned room, where it's currently 39C outside.

I also use HArdware monitor and I have checked with the program that came with my ASUS P8Z68-V and the "SYSTIN" on HWmonitor is the Motherboard temp on ASUS software. So HW monitor's temps are not really bogus.

Thats thr problem with applications like this...too much info. Use realtemp or comretemp and forget about your mobo temps.

have been scared, it have said often 210c, now its telling me CPUTIN temperarture over 500c! i think my processor should melt on that temperature.
Still stock i5 650, thinking to overclock it to 4 ghz :)
but first want to make sure it wont :mad: !

have been scared, it have said often 210c, now its telling me CPUTIN temperarture over 500c! i think my processor should melt on that temperature.
Still stock i5 650, thinking to overclock it to 4 ghz :)
but first want to make sure it wont :mad: !

Dont worry about it. Mine is 960 @4.2Ghz vcore 1.35650
Always showing 123-130 cputin. I dont know wtf is that, but it not effect at all.
Ps: my AIO is h110i GT, so i dont worry too much about heat. Usually under 80 with every burn test with max bench setting.

My vcore **** me up rightnow, cause still have some problem with lower vcore

Back