• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-E No PCI Bus Settings in Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nonstop

Registered
With mild overclocking on a P5B-E I have noticed my keyboard going out from time to time. Same thing with different keyboards.

My first thought was not enough voltage going to the southbridge but upon looking at my settings I discovered that I have no setting to regulate the 33 bus for pci? Maybe that's what's causing the problem?

Every review that shows bios screens of this same Asus board shows these settings.

Any ideas?

Here are mine:
craigslist045.jpg
craigslist044.jpg
craigslist043.jpg
craigslist042.jpg

Here is just one example of the main screen in question from a review on the same board from neoseeker:
adv-jf_thumb.jpg

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asus_p5b-e/3.html

Any help is appreciated.

The PCI bus is usually now controlled as 1/3 of the PCIE bus, which you have set to 100. So the PCI is being maintained at 33.3MHz. Try disabling CPU and PCI Spread Spectrum. Also disable C1E since you have already disabled SpeedStep.

The PCI bus is usually now controlled as 1/3 of the PCIE bus, which you have set to 100. So the PCI is being maintained at 33.3MHz. Try disabling CPU and PCI Spread Spectrum. Also disable C1E since you have already disabled SpeedStep.

Thank you. Are those settings related to usb ports or are they just good to disable if you're o/c anyway?

Those setting are mostly helpful with overclocking & stability.

Have you tried playing with the Legacy USB support setting? I have a really old USB keyboard that required I enable Legacy support.

Those setting are mostly helpful with overclocking & stability.

Have you tried playing with the Legacy USB support setting? I have a really old USB keyboard that required I enable Legacy support.

It is a new keyboard so that wouldn't matter would it? I could be wrong.

Is Legacy enabled? Maybe you need to make sure it's disabled. Is it a nice keyboard that needs a driver for extra functions or just a standard keyboard?

Back