• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T + Crosshair IV on the torture bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

Some AMD fun tonight, just got a 1090T and a Crosshair IV Formula.

Ok getting ready, the setup will be:

Crossair IV Formula
Phenom II 1090T
2x ATI 5870
2x 2gig G-Skill Perfect Storm DDR3 2133
Sliverstone Strider 1500w
Bunch of different HDD
Cooling Single stage at about -45c at the evaporator

Here's the setup

img0053fx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img0054rc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Subscribed. :) anyone else got one of these around here yet? I'd like to put up a blurb on the frontpage, and while icebob's may be the most interesting testing, I wouldn't want to overlook others. :)

btw, how come no art eraser on the shoot bob? Might as well start getting this ready, its been at least a few hours since delivery...

No livestream for the beatdown? Come on....We need to see this thing..

Last time I tried livestream I killed an EVGA E762 and a RIIE so i will do that practice run on the private, if it go well I will livestream this w2eek end on LN2

I won't be getting mine till Monday :(

I'll have to do Dice some time in mid May, after Finals are done.

Lol thanks for the link icebob, silly me! On my phone, but now I see. :)

Do you have a timeframe or link for the livestream yet? Once you know when you plan to do it, let me know and I'll be sure people know.

Not yet will be saturday late or sunday in the morning have to fix a couple issue I have right now, rog connect not working and it's a must for good result... working on it tho....

just set and forget.... that platform is really immature, cannot get rid of the throttlig to save my life, rog connect not working, only issue with that platform so far, really not impresse3d....

CPU speed jumping up and down? Ya', there have been issues with that recently on many boards. CoolNQuiet and C1E are the usual culprits.

If you're running Windows (especially Win7 but Vista too) you need to set the power options correctly. AMD got onto MS because they weren't supporting the AMD CPU P-states and what MS came up with is a pain because it defaults to power saving mode on installation ... :-/

Will give it another shot after work, was not having that kind of issue with the M4a89GTD and the 555. Hoping it's just a Windows setting issue.

If you're running into that internal Turbo mode or whatever I'm very curious to see how you fair. For SETI/F@H it won't matter, since all the cores are running 100% and Turbo will never kick in, but I've been wondering how that was going to effect benching - especially single- and dual-thread benches ...

You will most likely need to turn it off, but if it can boost the performance by a bit even when fully OCed, that would be interesting.

You want it off for sure, since it play with voltage too, when fully oc, you don't want that thing to kick in. Can't wait after work to give that thing another shot...

Have you been over to XS yet? They have a bunch of info on the Crosshair IV.

Ok I got the Rog Connect fixed, but still have that throttling down prob.... here's what I'm talking about

throttling.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

When I put some load, it go up where it's suppose to be but that sucks big time for screen shot....

Back