• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you hard reset a Linksys WRT320N?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bag-o-doughnuts

I have a user in Florida, who needs the router hard reset. She has already pressed the reset button for 10 seconds without anything happening. I looked online and found nothing.. I guess that usually happens when you're on the phone with that person and you can't find squat!

I can't seem to login to the router using the default password. The router at one point had no security and now it does, and the password has been reset, and the routers name is the laptops name... Strange crap, thats for sure...

So I want to reset the unit to default settings... How is this done?

By doing what she has already done. Maybe needs to hold it down longer? I know with my older Linksys it was more than 10 seconds.

Off topic: Holy crap! I just posted this and its already in google for the search...LOL, that's awesome! Second result on the page...

EDIT: I just found it..

Reset There are two ways to reset the Router’s
factory defaults. Either press and hold the Reset
Button for approximately five seconds, or restore
the defaults from Administration > Factory
Defaults in the Router’s web-based utility.

Thats partially because you actually have a title that makes sense, unlike the, "OMG help now!!! n1!!!!!!!!" crap.

A little hard to get to the web part of it...lol

So she was holding it down too long?

Yeah, go figure... Setup new password, new WPA2 personal key... and disabled the auto configuration setup thingy, that is more trouble than its worth...:thup:

Probably what screwed her up in the first place!

Back