• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI AUDIO WOES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fjbyrdman

Hi! I'm new to OC forums, but I am not new to computers. Still, I have a puzzle before me and hope someone can help. I am building a desktop for a friend who bought all the stuff so changing it is not an option. So far everything works great, and it's a fast little machine.....BUT, the front panel audio jacks won't work. :( The board is an MSI 880G-E45 with an AMD Phenom II Black Edition processor. He wanted it in a "Thermal Master" case which he provided (New!) Model TC-102. He swears by Cooler Master cases. Okay, I put everything in and together, and everything works great except the front audio mic and earphone jacks. The cable inside is marked AC97 and it fits the the board connector JAUD1 perfectly. The MSI Book shows the pinout and it's almost identical to the pinout provided with the case - One difference though - FPOUT-L is jumpered to RET-L and FPOUT-R is jumpered to MIC Detection. :confused: That can't be right. Anybody have any idea how this should be wired correctly so the front AND rear jacks work for the MIC and the Headphones? Thanks in advance!

These are the Pinout Diagrams from the Case and from the Motherboard,

Attachments

• CASE-PINOUT.JPG
    CASE-PINOUT.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,003
  • MSI-PINOUT.JPG
    MSI-PINOUT.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,900
Back