• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth Z77 & 3770k: CPU Ratio Locked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rogean

Short version of story: Used to be overclocked, no longer overclocked after a BIOS Reset and my multipler cannot be set above 35.

Long story:

I have a Sabertooth Z77 and a 3770k CPU. Until recently my cpu was overclocked with a 46 multiplier. This worked well for over 8 months.

Last weekend I shut my computer off and moved it to clean the space around it. After placing the computer back and booting up, I was not getting any video. After testing various things, I used the BIOS RESET jumper on the board and was able to get video. I put the jumper back into it's normal position.

Since this reset my bios I lost all my settings. I set back my RAID and decided to work with the overclock later.

I had some time tonight to start messing with it again so I reinstalled Asus Suite 2. I did not have the same options as I remember having with overclockability, so I decided to update my BIOS firmware to latest (1805). After that I still did not see any new options in the software, so I went into the BIOS.

I started messing around with options and realized it's not letting me change my CPU multiplier past 35. I've tried all sorts of combinations.. OC manual, OC XMP, turbo off, etc. I've attempted reverting firmware and no luck.

I made a video of the screen, as I figure this would be the best way for people to see all the settings I have and can see exactly whats going on. As soon as I enter any number above 35 in the CPU Ratio field, it resets it back to 35.

It's acting as if my CPU is locked, but it isn't (3770k).

Here is the video:

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Can you set the Turbo ratios higher? That may be how the new bios wants to do things. I know that was the case on some older Asus 1155 boards.

Can you set the Turbo ratios higher? That may be how the new bios wants to do things. I know that was the case on some older Asus 1155 boards.

I'm pretty sure I was able to change the regular/base ratio before. Where would I change the turbo ratio?

It seems popular issue lately no matter what board's brand. I had to fix BIOS at least 5-6 times on 3x Z77 boards ( ASUS + MSI ). It's usually because of ME part is corrupted.

Back