• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Desktop and Server Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Only got one of the rads painted today, as I had some errands to run after work.
The 240 rad still has a surprise left (that's why its still taped up).
Will be spraying the 360 rad tomorrow, and (time permitting) making the surprise for the 240 rad.

IMG_0146.JPG

Edit: Realized how crap that first picture was (white sitting on off-white) so here's another.
I'm trying to get to bed so these weren't shot with the tripod like normal either.

IMG_0147.JPG

0o0o0o0oo lookin' good! :thup:

Is that the final coat?

First (actually kinda 1.5ish coats), but it is the final.
Came out super smooth and can't see a hint of black.
I'll try to remember to post exactly what paint it is, but its a paint/primer combo.

Last night was perfect though, there was so little wind that I could spray into the wind and not get a face-full of paint!

Got some painting done today, and some pictures of the setup.
Definitely not a professional spray booth by any means.
I also think I ate some paint today, there was more wind...

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

Alas, this is all I have. Once I got done painting I went to play with some new toys...

Nice!

Paint tastes good. Won't you agree? ;)

Nice toys too! :thup:
lol, now this mod will NEVER get done :p

Nice!

Paint tastes good. Won't you agree? ;)

Nice toys too! :thup:
lol, now this mod will NEVER get done :p

Yeah, it tastes amazing. I'll go empty the can in my mouth now...

Oh, I doubt it'll increase the amount I race by too much (that would be difficult to do)

Mods will continue (for the desktop, the server is done), so don't worry about that!

Yeah, it tastes amazing. I'll go empty the can in my mouth now...

Oh, I doubt it'll increase the amount I race by too much (that would be difficult to do)

Mods will continue (for the desktop, the server is done), so don't worry about that!

lol good! I thought you might just end up racing. :chair:

More parts showed up today! Just a handful of little things and I'll be ready to start putting the loop together :D

List of what showed up:
2014-04-02 19_50_10-Order Confirmation No_ 286084 - atmnside@gmail.com - Gmail.png

Pictar!
IMG_0178.JPG

The only thing not pictured is the pump heatsink, which was laying on the floor in a box at the time of this picture.

Got the right monitor stand in the mail today.
I'm putting up the fourth monitor later, I'm worn out. This stand is HEAVY.

IMG_0180.JPG

Last edited:
Got the right monitor stand in the mail today.
I'm putting up the fourth monitor later, I'm worn out. This stand is HEAVY.

View attachment 142137

I see gas pedals! :p

Nice setup! I :drool: over more than 1 monitor.

Heck, I :drool: over monitors than can display more than 1280x1024! :rofl:
So not much more till it's all done right? :thup:

Hehe, I've got a case of the case building bug now.
Looks like I bugged my dad enough to give me some wood to build a case out of :p

Back