• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fixing Mad Catz M.M.O. 7 double-click issue DIY.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eg01st

After getting really annoyed by random double-clicks on both left and right buttons I decided to try and fix the triggers myself. I found some similar posts on the internet but will show my experience anyway, because this is a bit more complicated mouse than others.
I will describe the process with pictures step by step. Sorry for my English, it's not my first language and it's 2 AM.

1. This is my mouse with tools I used - small "+" screwdriver, craft knife and tweezers.
1.jpg

2. Remove those screws, remember that the middle one is longer.
2.jpg

3. Carefully lift the top of the mouse for 1 cm, then pull it backwards, but remember - it is still attached to the mouse with thin cable ribbon, so don't try to pull it too hard!
3.jpg

4. Turn the top of the mouse around so you can access the cable ribbon connector. It has small handles on both ends as you see in image. If you have big fingers, try to use tweezers and gently lift it up a bit. It's not coming off, it will only get loose and free the cable ribbon, which will then pop out. When you assemble the mouse, do it in opposite order - loosen the plastic, slide in the cable, then press on the plastic evenly on both ends to jam cable in place.
4.jpg

5. Remove these two screws.
5.jpg

6. Now you should be able to remove secondary circuit board, however, it is attached to main board with cable ribbon (A1). Move it out of it's position, flip it over, and disconnect the cable just like in step 4.
6.jpg
7.jpg

7. Now, that you have disconnected secondary board from it's connector (A2) on main board, pull out all the other cables to free the main board.
8.jpg

8. Remove main board crews.
9.jpg

9. At this point, with a help of tweezers or screwdriver, take out the main board along with mouse wheel from the plastic body. Now you have access to both mouse triggers - black plastic boxes. Remove them with a thin screwdriver or knife blade, starting from bottom front edge and lifting it up. Like a hood of a car. Make sure not to lose the little white plastic thingy. Nothing is holding it, so it will fall out.
10.jpg

10. There is this copper spring, which you have to take a good look at. Study it's position to be able to put it back correctly later. It is small detail, and it will be very tricky.
11.jpg

11. When you have take the spring off, put in on flat surface, hold it down with a blade or something thin, and gently lift up the curved part. With time it has bent closer to the base and is causing your mouse clicks to require less force and distance, therefore causing double-clicks. Don't bend it too much and try not to do forward-backward motions, because you might break it.
12.jpg

12. Now it's time to assemble it back together. Most difficult part is the spring, rest of it is like disassembling, just backwards. In picture below I'll show my method of putting it back in.
13.jpg

About that black little plastic box and white piece of plastic - turn it upside down, put the white plastic piece in it's hole and mount it on the trigger upside down. Then it's good idea to test if it's actually working by pressing it. I could already feel the difference, clicking needed more travel and force.

Be very careful with those cable ribbons, especially with black thin ones - they are very fragile.

I hope this will help you!

Last edited:
Nice tutorial you put up. I wish I was creative (and patient) enough to do the same.

I've done the same to my G700 twice, and am near to having to do it again for a third time.

Great guide! I would add as a precautionary, the spring-reloading step at the end is TERRIBLE! If you have a second set of hands it makes it way easier. The grooves shown in the image ARE there but they are very hard to see, you almost have to feel them out. Then in the spring-reload step 2, it is not yet locked into the mechanism - you have to hold the right side of the spring into its groove pushing (or pulling from the middle with a screwdriver, while also holding the left side up under the overhang, and THEN push the last part into place (tiny click sound is your friend). I strugged for about an hour to get the first one in myself. Then I had my gf hold a screwdriver to the spring for step 2 while I worked in the spring and we got the second one done in like a min. Strongly recommend asking for help if you can!

Mike

I know this may be 2 years later. However, I thank that this post was still on the servers after all this time. This guide helped me fix this issue with my $130 mouse and I am grateful for the information! Stay blessed. PS-It was very hard at the end putting the little spring back in the housing. Took about fifteen minutes to figure out the first, the second, literally a couple of seconds! I can attest that this guide actually brought back the stock feel of the mouse buttons and totally fixed my issue. Thanks again OP!
As added information to the poster above my statement, a 2nd pair of hands would help, However, the components are so tiny, that my hands barely had the room to do the work, let alone asking another to squeeze their in there also. My suggestion and this is how I performed it. Hold the pcb vertically, so the the buttons face upwards. Slide the spring in just as the illustration suggest, remembering that it is being performed vertically and not horizontally. After sliding it into place and hooking the front or top of the spring around the hook, remembering that it sits on top and not under the lip. Use your thumb to apply pressure for the top, lightly just to clamp in one hand and hold the spring into position, now using a small screwdriver or the tweezers, force the spring part upwards. You will have to use a little bit of force, but not applying hulk like strength and you wont have to worry about ruining the part. REMEMBER, it is a very thin piece of copper, almost the most malleable metal in the world. You can ruin it quite easily. Good luck and have fun, yes this was fun for me ;)

Last edited:
didn't even know I still had an account here:)

thanks for this thread mate, last step with the spring loading, I found it easiest to get the curve part over the top, and than push that one down with a small tip of the knife.

madcatz-fix.jpg

Thank you for this amazing guide.
The spring part was quite tricky as all the people above me mentioned before. This Video helped me alot with it.

The most difficult part for me, was plugging the black thin cables back in.

PS: Your guide is helping people even two years later :) Good job eg01st.

Back