• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sleeved cable kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Every time I see that case I think that it would look good to have some laser engraving done on the upper glass. Hope it doesn't beat you up to much during the build.

I could do that to cover my "awesome" wire management skills!!!

mocked up...

ok, so first wet mockup done, yes the pump wears a diaper, I have rebuilt it and resealed it and it has quit leaking for the time.
the issues I see coming down the pike is that the back side of the socket will heat two of the three hdds, they line up on the back of the socket from your top left to the right to lineup with the center of the ssd you can see.
I will have to do something with the wires in the motherboard rear io, the psu power cable and the vga cable, poking out the left side of the thing, there is no strain relief at all and looks like crap.
oh! the fan in the upper left just hanging there..... well I had the 8 core 8350 laying in the junk pile so it manned up to be your model. no, this mock up will not run, but an 8 core, 5.2 GHZ storage box would be over the top.
the gpu will go back in the junk pile also, it's here for eye candy also.
these cards with "zero fan speed" just should not be seen, at zero fan speed the fans twitch a little and that's a little weird.
the psu is a blank, don't worry, there is nothing inside that can make contact with the power cable, I had one of these torch off not long ago and do 60 grand damage to the house and pretty close to that in hardware.

things to get.
evga g2 850 psu
motherboard and cpu that runs a little cooler, and won't roast my hdds.
2 gpu's that have fans that run all the time.
4 thermaltake riing fans.
second riser cable.
pre sleeved psu cable kit.
4 blue sata data cables.
learn to use a camera, sorry for the lousy pic...........

Attachments

• PIC_1050.JPG
    PIC_1050.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 51
Hey caddi, why not just set the fan to run at a minimum of 20% versus stopping?

That's a lotta rad caddi!

Those sleeved PSU cables will look great once you get 'em :thup:

on the gpu's.
I have a pair of much beloved gigabyte gtx 760sc cards, I think I might try those.
the 760s are a bit longer and will cover my sins a little better and the fans run all the time.
I also have a pair of asus 760 strix cards but then that brings in more grey and these evga 970 ftw cards are just black and kind of ugly.

on the rad.
Its a phobya G-changer, nice and thick and been laying in the junk pile also so it will stay in the rig.
I found my syth ultra caze 3000 (meat chopper) fans and thought about using those, even with the G-changer and the 38mm thick syth fans it would all fit with ease but I remember that I fried the fan headers on one board with those so riing is what I will go with.

Back