• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V April: Catzilla 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, figured out the issue! It was Vsync. Shut it off and went to town on overclocking :)

R_Pierce / GTX 1080 ti / water / 60419

60419.JPG

Johan45/ R9 FURY on 1700x/ AIR/ 28460
The poor thing put it's last dying breath into this benchmark and is currently in transit for RMA

28460 fury.JPG

Nice to see someone still rocking the FX ssjwizard.

Nice to see someone still rocking the FX ssjwizard.

It really boils down to the fact that I dont really have the money to replace it yet. I swapped out the GPU last year when a good deal came along on the 980Ti, and while I had the funds last year I didn't have time time to worry about building a new system. Outside of benchmarks I still don't feel like the FX is lacking as a CPU. That said I really want to build a new Ryzen rig once I get my finances sorted out.

It really boils down to the fact that I dont really have the money to replace it yet. I swapped out the GPU last year when a good deal came along on the 980Ti, and while I had the funds last year I didn't have time time to worry about building a new system. Outside of benchmarks I still don't feel like the FX is lacking as a CPU. That said I really want to build a new Ryzen rig once I get my finances sorted out.

I feel the same I have an FX system with a 980 for my HTPC/gamer and it does just fine but I'm going to replace it with Ryzen as well hoping to quiet things down a bit. It does get loud when I'm pushing it. Here's the same card on a Ryzen 5 1600x for comparison

Johan45/ GTX 980Ti /AIR /1600X/ 41500

41500 980ti.JPG

CADDI DADDI/GTX970 x2/air/46260

not bad for the little BEEs facebook and e-mail surfing rig

46260.PNG

Back