• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 ..curruption?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta2

I've got an MSI A78M-E45 V2, and I've had issues for the last couple week after not having any since it was built about 3 yrs ago. It will not boot once I've started updating drivers and preping it to run WOW. Everyting works fine seemingly til I am streaming the WoW install. I've wiped an reinstalled win 10 about 3 times now. I thought it might be a bad SSD Radeon 7 250gb, so i bought a WD 500gb SSD. Installed on new drive, got windows installed an just shut it down. Wait a few days and see if it will boot, it does. So i think ok its the SSD, and begin the setup of the rest of the system an prep it for WOW. I come back from supper and its BSOD active HDD(SSD/SSD/HDD) Light. Refuses to do anything, wait an hour still nothing, reboot, nope hangs after the Windows emblem shows, nothing further.

Long story short is it a problem with the Motherboard SATA controller ? Really annoyed this system is going bonkers and tired of re instaling windows for nothing.

Full system specs are a help. Do you have the AMD SATA drivers installed, or the Microsoft drivers? The M$ ones suck, on a good day. I would clear CMOS on the motherboard and try a different SATA cable. For whatever reason they can go bad. Seems counter intuitive, but it happens often enough to make it part of troubleshooting.

Then make sure you have the latest BIOS (version 5.4, found here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A78M-E45-V2 )

Also, do a clean install of current graphics drivers after using DDU or something similar to remove the current graphics drivers. DDU can be found here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17091-released

Post back with results and full system specs when you've tried the above. :thup:

A10 7870K
8gb ddr3 gskill memory(forget what type, but its 2400 running at 2133
250gb radeon 7 SSD
500gb WD blue SSD
500 GB WD Blck HDD
260x 4gb
650 PSU forget brand
I'll try the AMD drivers as its running on whatever MS installed lol and ive that doesnt I'll swap out cables, the 500gb SSD is new with a new cable though.

Oh I know its not idea, this is my nephews PC I built for when they all spend the night so we can all play together. It will run it decently well with custom settings and 1080p. I'm getting a message when windows starts now saying repairing something right before it boots on into windows. Currently I'm using SATA ports 1,3,5. I'm guessing bad cables atm, but no extras laying around. Will pickup some soon an see if that helps as well as moving them to ports 2,4,6 Will try an set up the two SSD in Raid as well to see if that works better. Really tempted to buy a 2200G, a B450 board an 8gb of 3200 memory. My main is 2600x , x470 board, 16gb 3200 and rx580 8gb

Or how about he use Aida system stability test and take out all the checks and only put check on local hard disks. So it will stress test your drive, then well sorta have a idea I hope. :-/

Back