• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best thermal pad / thermal pads for CPU and GPU? 2018

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dupek22

Hi :).

I am doing research on the best thermal pad and thermal pads to use on CPU and GPU in laptop.
And it's hartd, can't find good and fresh test on this topic.

I main reason I am doing that is that I have about 0,4 mm free space between my heat sink and CPU, GPU.

So
What are the best thermal pads and what is the best thermal pad to use in laptop CPU & GPU? :)

Regards

Yea, right size :).
But which thermal pad?
What are the best and what is the best? to buy on cpu/gpu

What about something else?
Because I can't buy directly fujiopoly extreme in my country :).
I am from poland.

Those are the best. But i would just get what i could if you are in Poland. The difference is only a couple degrees C between them for the most part.

Okay. I see.
And question...
Would you go for thermal pad on GPU / CPU in case of 0,4 mm space between the heat sink and CPU & GPU?

Because I have around 0,4 mm and with paste I have holy moly temperatues... Msi GT70, i7-4710MQ & GTX 870M
Rendering CPU: 90*C+ (even 95+ ; Intel Diagnostic Tool)
Rainbow Six Siedge GPU: 90*C+ (even 93*C+)
(with thermal paste, AAB Thermal Grease 2 ; which from tests and benchmarks is nice and good)

It's 0,4mm
And one guy told me that my temperatures are because of this free space between...

What would you do in my place?
so would you go for thermal pad on GPU / CPU in case of 0,4 mm space between the heat sink and CPU & GPU?

What was there before... a pad? Then replace it with a pad. :)

If you need to know the right thickness, email the maker of the lappy and they should tell you what goes there.

So what would you do in my place?
so would you go for thermal pad on GPU / CPU in case of 0,4 mm space between the heat sink and CPU & GPU? :)

Why not just use thermal grease if that's what was there? It's generally cheaper than pads anyhow.

Because there is 0,4 mm free space between the heatsink and CPU & GPU :/
That's why thermal grease isn't doing the job it supposed to

Back