• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII January: 3DMARK Night Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
With the new year comes the second leg of our Marathon featuring graphics benchmarks. I went with something new this year from UL, the 3DMark Night Raid benchmark. There are currently no rules up at the bot for this and zero points but I assume that will change at some point. As for rules they have been leaning toward a valid submission from UL which sadly enough eliminates most tweaks but it's their game.
I would also like to mention that you can get a license for this benchmark until Jan. 3rd from steam for less than $5 so if you have ever thought about it this would be a good time to grab one. The link is in the post below for download and you'll find the Steam link there.
There's a reason I picked this wallpaper!

What: 3DMARK Night Raid
Who: any forum member
GPU: any GPU
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends: January 31st, 12 Midnight EST
Background: Use supplied background
Download : 3DMARK Night Raid
Full Competition Rules: Here
I would also like this format used at the top of your post please UserName/GPU/Cooling/ Score

BACKGROUND

SINGLE

MetalRacer /RTX2080 Ti / Air / 74087
JICCMAN1965/TITAN XP/AIR/69511
JICCMAN1965/1080 TI/WATER/65103
Earthdog/RTX2080 FE/Air/59605
MetalRacer / GTX 1070 / Air / 57753
mackerel/GTX1080Ti/Air/56556
mackerel/RTX2070/Air/46606
Johan45/ Vega64/ Air/ 44029
mllrkllr88 /R9 290X / Stock / 42780
XRogerX/ 1070SC/ Water / 36477
XRogerX/ 1070SC/ Water / 34853
Johan45/RX580/ AIR/ 32723
||Console||/gtx1080/water on cpu/31844
freeagent/GTX 970/Air/ 26401
LRG5 /GTX 960 / Air / 25,237
Kenrou / GTX 1060 6gb / Air / 22190

DUAL

Johan45/ R290X CFX/ Stock/ 54645
LRG5 / Dual GTX 960 / Air / 36045

Last edited:
Fun! I have not seen this new bench yet. I don't have any modern GPU's, but I will run a token bench just to check it out and participate. :)

mackerel/RTX2070/Air/46606

I was quite pleased to see getting 1st position on hwbot for 2070 until I realised I was the only submission. Poking around the leaderboard, it looks like this might be a CPU test more than a GPU one. Not sure there is enough data to work out if cores or clocks are more important, but I do note that the bench window mentioned AVX2 so might want to avoid offset. Be interesting if TR core count can make up for clock speed. Also I guess this means I'll have to bench the 8086k at some point, that'll give me up to 400MHz more. A past run with 5820k at 4.4 and same GPU settings (but different drivers) scored 41849.

nr-46606.jpg

Low res test.... needs all the cpu clocks it can get for the GPU test I'm imagining...lookat the fps it gets! No idea on the last cpu test though or how much cpu tested is weighted here...but surely speed plus a role in this lower res test.

I scored 59k with a stock 2080 FE and 8700k... posting pic soon.

Earthdog/RTX2080 FE/Air/59605

nh-1.png

Last edited:
mackerel/GTX1080Ti/Air/56556

Stock pre-run about matched previous sub. Overclock got me this far. So, not totally independent of GPU performance but still CPU helps.

nr-56556.jpg

Last edited:
You don't know who that is in the wallpaper?

Stock pre-run about matched previous sub. Overclock got me this far. So, not totally independent of GPU performance but still CPU helps.
Yeah GPU is stil the primary, but since the high FPS count and low poly count presmumably in this benchmark (see Johan's statement) 1080p CPU is a boost. 10K is big... over 20% increase, no?

EDIT: Oh, I see that is a different CPU...

Mind boggling crew. I would guess some actors from batman?
Hey, what about basic edition for the benchmark, its supposedly free, and do I still need steam?

I just had a fight with my last sub post above, but should be all tidy now. It had traces of a run just before that where I forgot to OC the GPU so was CPU OC only. Applying the OC got me about another 1000 points, and taking out -1 AVX offset got me about 500 more points. Wonder if it scales out (more cores) as well as up (clock). GPU wise, 1080 Ti is the fastest I have, and similarly 8086k is my fastest CPU. I think I saw some slight artefacting so not sure I can push the GPU more. I reused settings previously used when we did Superposition. Kinda hoping to have more headroom from arguably a lower stress, but maybe the limit is just the limit.

Mind boggling crew. I would guess some actors from batman?
Hey, what about basic edition for the benchmark, its supposedly free, and do I still need steam?

In the link I posted you can download basic, it should work but you always have to watch the demo.
Like E_D said that's KISS, infuential rockband from the 80s, it's Paul Stanley's B_Day this month

O ok, happy birthday to Paul:clap:
I'll try to get basic. Need to find my way around steam. Have no steam.

Can I download from guru3d? To avoid steam?
4.8gb?:eek: is there like 50mb version?

At the bottom left of the page in the download link there's a download link and it's for the free version comes from UL. You don't need steam unless you want the $5 special price

EDIT: If cores matter at all it's very liitle compare my CPU score to yours Mack 1950X with 32 threads at 4.1 score way below yours so I have to assume speed counts more than cores.

Johan45/ Vega64/ Air/ 44029

44029.JPG

The bench mentions AVX2 for the CPU test, where Intel CPUs will have a factor of two advantage until Zen2 comes along. Even allowing for that, it does seem the TR scores a bit below expectations if you assume the full potential could be used. Maybe it isn't scaling to all the cores, which kinda makes sense in a way given this is intended for iGPU testing and they're not likely to have 16 cores.

Even between my two intel results, I'm seeing more scaling in score than clocks alone would suggest. We could play the usual "it's the cache" card but short of more runs it will remain untested.

Hmm, I'd love to see what my xeon does, not having any avx ext. Unfortunately I had to leave Sam's club before I got the whole 4gb downloaded. :( maybe taco gets another shot somewhere else.

Ps- Mr.Janus45 Sir, I couldn't find the steamless link, could you pls help me. Thx. I may have been downloading older version from guru 3d..

You're right Taco, Johan can't find it either. He was certsin it was there but Taco is right he has to use Steam or Guru

OK Mack I think you might be onto something, cores do make a difference. I was still 3K lower with only 6/12 the CPU is a bit faster and so is the RAM than the Threadripper maybe AVX makes a difference

Johan45/RX580/ AIR/ 32723

32723 NR marathon.JPG

Night Raid benchmark test should be free with v2.6.6174.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/futuremark-3dmark-timespy/

capture153.jpg

I'll give it a try, man, that's bigger than whole windows 10 iso!

Johan Sir, you spoke 3rd person regarding yourself

Back