• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Post your Cinebench R20 scores here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cdawall / 2990WX @ 4150 / Custom Loop / 15032

have a little bit of tweaking to do I guess.

cb4150colder.jpg

Ran mine again for giggles, and I'm still happy with my old Skylake rig. For my purposes (4c/8t is more than sufficient), any upgrade would have a cost way out of proportion to any useful (to me) gains.

R20.JPG

Kenrou / Ryzen 3600 / Air / 3842

From 1650 on the FX-8370 @4.9ghz to 3842 on the Ryzen 3600 @4.2ghz :thup:

CB r20.jpg

Ran mine again for giggles, and I'm still happy with my old Skylake rig. For my purposes (4c/8t is more than sufficient), any upgrade would have a cost way out of proportion to any useful (to me) gains.
Isn't it funny how a 6700k is considered old now. :D

Isn't it funny how a 6700k is considered old now. :D

It certainly is on Cinebench. LOL The IPC isn't that far off the 9th gen Intel chips, and the ability to hit 4700 MHz on all cores and hold it helps a lot, but as far as obsolete goes I'm a casualty of the Core Wars. As for comparing it to AMD's offerings, I'm just getting my butt handed to me all the way around-cores, IPC. My clock speed "advantage" is a distinction that makes no difference. :D

It certainly is on Cinebench. LOL The IPC isn't that far off the 9th gen Intel chips, and the ability to hit 4700 MHz on all cores and hold it helps a lot, but as far as obsolete goes I'm a casualty of the Core Wars. As for comparing it to AMD's offerings, I'm just getting my butt handed to me all the way around-cores, IPC. My clock speed "advantage" is a distinction that makes no difference. :D

lol yeah my Threadripper 3960X that I posted up here wasn't even overclocked and I had a bunch of stuff running in the background and it still was scoring in the 13k-14k range. Things are getting interesting now that there is competition. Consumers win!

I was thinking more "in general" Alaric. I'm giving my 16 yr old the 6700k/Msi Z170 X power Gaming combo I have. His 2600k is getting a bit long in the tooth. He says to me Dad that's an old chip, think it will be okay? :screwy:

So I sat here staring at the two runs and was trying to figure out how you managed to get a 3 k higher score at stock vs 4.4 Ghz................
:facepalm:
Next time I need to look that you upgraded the Cpu. :D

DaPoets / Threadripper 3970X / 4.4Ghz all 32 cores / Custom Loop / 19086

19086 at 4 4ghz 1 4125 v POST.jpg

Attachments

• 19086 at 4 4ghz 1 4125 v.jpg
    19086 at 4 4ghz 1 4125 v.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Culbrelai / i7 8086k / Stock / Air / 2826

stock.png

Really feels dirty to not overclock this but I want it to last to 80th Anniversary Edition i30-80386k so eh

Back