• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VIII October: SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know how you are getting good scores with Micron, it's completely worthless for benching here. Samsung totally destroys Micron for benching purposes. New AGESA doesn't help much, if anything for Samsung and maybe a little help for Micron. You don't have 1.0.0.4?? It's finally out in the wild now on most boards. I have seen a similar wall with dual channel micron at 4800 on Taichi. With the Aqua, 5g is very easy but 5100 is not possible in dual channel.

What AIDA64 image did you see? Here is an AIDA shot I did that is looking quite fast. Micron is running about 50k-52k for the top 3 :rofl: :rofl: It's only for maximum frequency validation IMO...or looking cool maybe.
4466c14.PNG

Last edited:
having a hard time trying to force 5+ghz in windows xp. I disabled speed test and c-states and turbo mode. i also made sure that i set manual voltage and set the board to "performance mode".

This is in the Z370-E GaMiNg

How do you guys get your processors to stay running at 5+ghz in windows xp?

I don't know how you are getting good scores with Micron, it's completely worthless for benching here. Samsung totally destroys Micron for benching purposes. New AGESA doesn't help much, if anything for Samsung and maybe a little help for Micron. You don't have 1.0.0.4?? It's finally out in the wild now on most boards. I have seen a similar wall with dual channel micron at 4800 on Taichi. With the Aqua, 5g is very easy but 5100 is not possible in dual channel.

What AIDA64 image did you see? Here is an AIDA shot I did that is looking quite fast. Micron is running about 50k-52k for the top 3 :rofl: :rofl: It's only for maximum frequency validation IMO...or looking cool maybe.

1. AGESA 1.0.0.4 is not officially out and it's not available for any of my boards. I wasn't asking my contacts for beta BIOS and I had no time to browse the web for any leaks.

2. I didn't say that Micron is better but that Samsung, depends on the motherboard and some other things, is acting weird at higher clock. It's not overclocking as high as on Intel and often tightening the timings is not helping much or not at all. In pure bandwidth tests like AIDA64 or benchmarks like Spi32M or Geekbench, Samsung is always better but because of how this platform works, the difference between memory settings is not always significant in most other benchmarks.
I should be more clear that my comparison was made on 6-8 core chips and they're hitting a wall in bandwidth and then tweaking the RAM is not helping so much. I wasn't testing anything higher than 3700X till yesterday. The difference in bandwidth like read and copy in AIDA64 is over 10GB/s between 6/8 and 12+ cores. It highly affects how some benchmarks are acting. I was comparing my results some time ago with other users who have the 3900X like Shawn. We had a bit different experience with results and memory settings.

3. This is from G.Skill press release:
03-gskill-4000c15-8gbx4-amd-x570.jpg

It beats your score in read and is not far in write and copy while memory is at 4000 CL15 and CR2 with as I assume relaxed subs as always in XMP. Additionally it's 32GB kit, not 16GB.

having a hard time trying to force 5+ghz in windows xp. I disabled speed test and c-states and turbo mode. i also made sure that i set manual voltage and set the board to "performance mode".

This is in the Z370-E GaMiNg

How do you guys get your processors to stay running at 5+ghz in windows xp?

I would set the CPU to 2 or 4 cores and disable HT. Also, depends on the CPU and your cooling, you have to bump the voltage as others already suggested. Turbo has to be enabled or the motherboard will lock the CPU at non-turbo ratios.

Last edited:
(G{in}[AK)TION] / Noctua NH-D14 / Core i7 3770k / 6m 56.719s
3770ktake2.PNG

If I try scoring on other processors will that add up? or is it only the best one that counts?

I got like hardware...laying around...that I been using for a benchmark that I just finished which took like a little over a year to finish...

I do know that at the end of it all.... I need bigger SSDs lol

Last edited:
bassnut / 3900X / H20 / 8m 9.342 sec

A little improvement. I just can't get 3800 C15 stable ……. almost finished the last run and I may have more time later.

NewRun2.png

My gf thinks I’m such a geek. Our kids love it :D

Her: Are you going to post that on your computer site?
Me: Pff no.. maybe..

bassnut / 3900X / H20 / 8m 4.065s

Another little bump and that will be it for me back to work tomorrow and I won't have any more free time.

NewRun3.png

Back