• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED V-Color Prism II 16GB DDR4-3600 CL18 - TL8G36818C-E0P2SOFK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I have a memory which was kind of request from some forum members. Maybe not exactly the kit which will be reviewed but the V-Color brand in general.
V-Color is on the market for a good couple of years but entered online stores like Amazon not so long time ago.
As in the title, this short review will be based on the Prism II 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18-22-22 1.35V memory kit. These main timings may seem relaxed but are quite popular in new memory series, especially these designed for AMD Ryzen 3000.

The tested memory kit is based on Hynix C-die. Just to be clear. Most Hynix based memory kits are using CJR-TFC while V-Color decided to use IC designed for higher frequency (2666 instead of 2133) marked as CJR-VKC.

Some photos

Thaiphoon Burner and IC info
V-Color_3600_pic6.jpg

Stability test at XMP settings:

V-Color_3600_pic7.jpg

Last edited:
OC Results

3600 18-22-22 1.35V - XMP

3600 16-19-19 1.35V - can go down to CL14 at ~1.5V but not any tighter

3800 16-20-20 1.35V - can do down to CL14 at ~1.5V but not any tighter and can't go lower with sub-timings keeping stability

4266 18-24-24 1.35V

4600 18-24-24 1.45V

4800 18-26-26 1.55V

With some luck can get a kit that will pass DDR4-5000 as some results like that are around the web. I could reach the 5k mark but not fully stable. It's still a great result
Here is a validation link to CPUZ - https://valid.x86.fr/v5e8mz

It doesn't change the fact that the OC potential is high and it's a really interesting memory kit at the given price. V-Color is available on Amazon but I guess that in time other stores will have it in their offer.
The Prism II is covered by a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
wow who would have thought that hynix could oc that well! great results once again Woomak! $90 is a great price for the 2x8gb white heatspreader 3600 c18 kit. if i ever get my slew of rigs finished i may grab a set for my blacknwhite rig.

This is actually silver ... more like mirror reflect as photos were made with white background. V-Color will offer some more kits but all of them are on Hynix IC. On the QVL are already listed new V-Color DDR4-4133 kits based on Hynix DJR, which have their DDR4-5000 profiles in so far beta AGESA 1.0.0.4 for CH8 Impact mobo. Of course, overclocking is never guaranteed, but these are pretty much the highest binned Hynix based memory kits on the market. All other brands sell kits on older Hynix IC including G.Skill (like Neo 3600 CL16-19...), Kingston, Corsair or Patriot.

There will be a new memory series in some weeks and maybe I will be able to review it too.

Thaiphoon burner must be misidentifying these, CJR shouldn't be able to clock that high. Has to be DJR.

Yes, it should be some kind of DJR. When I received this memory then on the market were no DJR. Like literally other brands released their DJR kits 1-2 months later. Software was suggesting CJR, vendor was suggesting CJR, QVL of mobo brands had this memory listed as CJR (later changed to DJR) and chips were rebranded. Later V-Color confirmed it was a different IC but I didn't change it in the review.
This memory is a bit different than most DJR that I was testing. It runs easier at tighter timings and lower clocks (up to DDR4-4000) but is scaling well up to 5000+ at more relaxed timings what is matching DJR.
For most users it doesn't really matter what is inside as long as it works well.

Thanks for checking my reviews :) Not many readers actually leave any comments and it's weird but more send me pms or emails with questions.

Well i missed out. I couldn't find the V color 3600s so i went with the 3200s for my back up rig. I should've held out! Haha im kidding. Ive no complaints at all. The CJR ics are doing fine. I havent pushed them much but they havent given me any issues either. Rig is being sold and the new owner opted for the V color rgbs vs the 4133 vipers i had in it originally(of course).
Thanks for the clarification guys i had no idea that DJR was so capable.

Back