• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2070 input lag ingame and low FPS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silversinkbam

SSS's soldier of one
It has been a while since I have posted here but am now having an issue with my new video card. I have recently received a Geforece RTX 2070 Super. I had uninstalled the driver from my GTX 770 and installed the 2070 and reinstalled the newest driver.

Once I installed the card and driver, I wanted to see what performance was going to be like, well it feels subpar. getting anywhere from 40 to 100 FPS with input lag. I go to play codMW and upon entering the game I press to go forward and then release the W for my character to continue running. I try to shoot and the ADS delayed. I am at a loss I have tried a the things I know to do as well as contacted the technical support line for some help. Still the issue persists.

My Rig:
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50 GHz
32 Gigs ram
Gigabyte MOBO
1 TB SSD + 250 gig SSD
PNY Geforce RTX 8070 Super
Windows 10 64bit
I am running on a TV as a monitor ATM.. card was given to me connected with HDMI cord. Looking at monitors for display port connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
What resolution and refresh is the TV? What settings are you using? RTX?

Do you have v-sync enabled? This will cause input lag when your frame rate crosses below the refresh rate of the monitor. Try disabling it if enabled.

Did you use DDU to remove the old drivers? I would try that first. If that doesn't work, you'll want to either use an OSD such as RivaTuner (bundled with MSI Afterburner or can be added to HWiNFO64) to monitor performance in real time, or set up a log so that you can see what is going on. Specifically you want to see if the GPU is at 100% utilization and boosting to expected frequency when the frames drop. If not the problem is somewhere else (i.e. software, CPU not keeping up, etc).

the monitor is at 60 RR (wont go higher)
the game is set to highest settings,
Vsync is always off
using highest resolution available 1360x768
looked at performance ingame using WIN+G cpu 100% GPU 80%.

researching had others using same CPU/GPU combo and according to them it is not bottlenecked.

tried that before and for some reason it will not allow me to run it just keep extracting files

So, that resolution is quite CPU bound, especially with a fast card like the RTX 2070. I don't know if that is all your problem, however.

That said, the last COD I played (COD BLOPS4) literally used all 16c/16t I had quite evenly... does MW do that too? If so, you have a 4c/4t CPU... that coupled with a very CPU speed bound low resolution and a fast GPU, explains things to me intially. Check out CPU use while you are gaming and see if all the cores are pegged.

About the only thing you can do without buying another CPU is to overclock what you have. Or... buy a higher resolution monitor (2560x1440) if possible (I see you are on a TV so that may not be possible). But I think its going to come down to that CPU and its low core/thread count for that game and the low low res... it just doesn't have the power to push it well.

EDIT: Just saw the CPU/GPU split.. that confirms things right there... GPU should be at 99% and CPU much lower (not pegged at 100%).

Last edited:
I can OC my CPU have it water cooled ATM (also new) just need a suggestion on which program to use to get it to 4.3gig.

The bios :) . Set the multiplier to 43, voltage to 1.3v test and work your way down until you're using the least amount of voltage for the clockspeed. Keep temps in stress testing under 90c.

Overclocking will likely help, but if all cores are still pegged to 100%, you're short cores/threads. Odd part is, tje recommended cpu is a 4c/4t part...

Back