• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CyberPower PR1000LCD UPS troubleshooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

This has happened about 3 times in the last year.

I wake up at night and my UPS fan is at 100%. The unit is plugged in, there's no power loss, everything seems normal other than the UPS fan being on 100%. My PC, modem, two monitors and speakers are connected to the UPS. Once I power up my PC, the UPS fan turns off. Everything is running normally.

Any ideas? CyberPower wasn't helpful.

Thanks.

Sometimes when the batteries are charging they get hot. If they are more than 5yo it may be time to replace them.

Thanks for the reply. So what you're saying is that the unit sometimes goes through a self charge where it discharges the battery and charges it back up? I'm asking this the way I am because I rarely go on battery. If power ever goes out, I shut down my PC and UPS until power is restored. The charge seems to always be at max on the batteries and the UPS software indicates that all is ok.

Thanks for your help.

Most units do a self test where they run off battery until the batteries reach a certain voltage, or for a specific time, then charge it back up. I have 3x rackmount units (2x Dell, 1x CyberPower) and they all do a self test about once a month. I'm certain this is what you are seeing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. CyberPower wasn't helpful with this question at all...glad I have this community to turn to.

Back