• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

facebook wants a drivers license?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
A friend has hidden her face book page for A few years.
Now her kid is going off to school soon and she wants to use her face book page so they can keep in touch.
she trys to login and because she has not logged in for so long face book wants a scan of her passport or drivers license, this has to be a fake site.... right????????

I'll sat WOW!!!!
I'll tell her E-mail and drop box are A better way for them to go.
I got banned from ****book, spewtube and the like A long time ago.

The perfect time to upload like a fake Morticia Munster driver's license at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

:clap:

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

A friend has hidden her face book page for A few years.
Now her kid is going off to school soon and she wants to use her face book page so they can keep in touch.
she trys to login and because she has not logged in for so long face book wants a scan of her passport or drivers license, this has to be a fake site.... right????????

They can use zoom too!

Yes, It sounds about right. This is what happened to me. I logged in to my Facebook account from 2 different devices at the same time.
The device that was unrecognized caused me to be logged out of Facebook.
I was asked to verify myself by providing an important legal document (I am from India).
Nevertheless, I abandoned that account and created a new one.
But I refused to give any legal proof of my existence.
It is a trick used by Facebook to dupe as many people as possible to get hold of their legal identities so that it can sell it to stakeholders that want such information.
Just tell me, Why would a casual social media site ask you to provide a legal detail about yourself?
It is just a networking site and it should be treated like one.

There is a lot more to Facebook than "just a networking site." There is a real problem with fake accounts and various actors attempting to manipulate the algorithm for financial, political or foreign policy gain. Of course I also think they benefit from our personal information substantially and I don't disagree that they also have this to gain as CJustin has stated. I doubt I would provide Facebook with personal documents if it was requested of me.

While respecting the rules about politics, I think it is fitting to bring the following video into this thread. It does not take a political stance, and it's purpose in this thread is to illustrate why FB may be requesting this info. It may be possible to turn some of the examples in the video into a political discussion, please do not do that, as it is not allowed on this site.

With all the media stories of Facebook tracking and connecting to so much of a user's life I can't possibly imagine giving them something like a DL or financial statement. Glad I don't use that stuff.

Unfortunately, most aps that are considered 'hot' or are widely advertised have facebook callbacks, and at the very least google firebase analytics. So even if you NEVER used facebook, just using certain aps will ensure you are on facebook, or at the very least being tracked by them.
If you install anything on your phone that hasn't been checked by Exodus Privacy checker, you have to consider what the ap does and if it even needs internet access to begin with. Giving a DL to a facebook account just because? NO FNG WAY IN HELL.
I gave my dl to a chinese site when trying to buy a rugged smartphone direct. Had to return the pos because after disabling google the phone wouldn't boot. Google, facebook, apple, and amazon are ALL ****ty companies only out for themselves and your privacy and rights are trash to them. I'd burn them all to the ground with all their servers and data included.
As for giving my DL to a veritably large chinese company I did business with one time only? Couldn't care less if they framed it and passed it around to their buddies.

There is a lot more to Facebook than "just a networking site." There is a real problem with fake accounts and various actors attempting to manipulate the algorithm for financial, political or foreign policy gain. Of course I also think they benefit from our personal information substantially and I don't disagree that they also have this to gain as CJustin has stated. I doubt I would provide Facebook with personal documents if it was requested of me.

While respecting the rules about politics, I think it is fitting to bring the following video into this thread. It does not take a political stance, and it's purpose in this thread is to illustrate why FB may be requesting this info. It may be possible to turn some of the examples in the video into a political discussion, please do not do that, as it is not allowed on this site.

The prime reason I left facebook was mentioned at 8:55 in the video. The manipulation of what I can see. Maybe I'm different than most people but I didn't use Facebook for news. I simply wanted to keep in touch with friends and share stories and experiences. Once Facebook decided they were going to block certain posts from some friends and allow others I felt as if Facebook themselves were manipulating us, and they were/are. I gave them a few months hoping it was just a glitch in their system but it turns out it is completely intentional. They are controlling the content you see. They are a part of the manipulation they are trying to stop.

Please don't read the above as political, It's just my personal experience with them.

Maybe I'm different than most people but I didn't use Facebook for news.
I really hope most people don't use FB for news...Oye.

It is interesting what is going on between them, twitter and the gov't though... I'll leave it at that. Maybe we'll discuss it in chat, john, lol. ;)

Another option would be to just create a new FB account rather than trying to resurrect the old one.

A new tool I'm trying out to replace Google Hangouts (which is disappearing, at least as a free app) is Mighty Text. You can use it as a testing app on phone or computer. Like it so far.

Back