• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE How to Overclock the i9-10900K: A Guide for Taming the Beast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we're offering up some guidance for overclocking the 10-core, 20-thread Core i9-10900K. We'll cover what's needed in a motherboard and more importantly, considering the heat this CPU can generate, what type of cooling you'll require.

Click here to view the article.

Just to add something. I was able to set 5.3GHz/5.1GHz AVX2 using Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black but my CPU needs a bit lower voltage for that. Temps were around 95°C in AIDA64 stability test. No matter what, the non-AVX clock couldn't go higher in stability tests.
If we are using air cooling then the minimum for stock clock under full load, without throttling, seems something like Noctua U12S. Going for the best coolers like Noctua D15 we can get up to 200MHz more but at the edge of Tj and max fans speed under load.

I found this article today I may attempt to overclock my CPU using this article to see if I can get some pretty good result using a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO. I want to upgrade my AIO to be a better one or maybe go single loop water cooling again but for now I think would be interesting to see how far I can push my chip. The layout of the guide was very well done and I thank you for it. :attn:

I know this is an old post but I figure I leave my two cents in here. :salute:

Back