• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 29May20: And so it goes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Two things have conspired that will probably result in a bump in production for me. 1) My son bought me Unraid for my cake day. 2) WhitehawkEQ gave me a call and we had a nice chat. 3) You should always list at least three things.

I’m not promoting Unraid and don’t even start to think that you need it but I have it and this is what I’m learning so far. In fact, no, lets just talk about the *one* item of interest with this product. Unraid runs from a USB drive and while I can install VM’s to run an OS which then runs F@H, apparently, Unraid lets me install a “docker” to run F@H directly from Unraid? I have yet to get an array built to even start trying this out but parts are on the way. I may post a quick review or how-to but again, this will in no way be an endorsement, rather, just my experience.

WhitehawkEQ rang me up and we spent the entire time bitchin’ about you lot (Read with an English acent. For no reason. Neither he nor I are British. It’s just more fun to do so. Perhaps I’m watching too many British shows during quarintene.) We didn’t really talk any trash about you guys. I just wanted to see if I could get a rise outa’ ya’ all. We got to talking about hardware and I knew that I had to go through my dead rigs and find what I can salvage. I have started that process and hope to get my Unraid gear to folding rather than collecting dust.

Another issue that Whitehawk and I discussed was the creation of the tables. He suggested that I change the setting from 500 pixels to 200. I have done that for this week. Due to the various devices that you guys use, I want feedback. I will try % at some point too. If you see an issue please give me a brief idea of the issue and why type of device you're using. Computer, phone, tablet, etc.

Team Conquest/Threat List
PCMR 2.6 monthsup from 2.2 months.
NVIDIA Corp 4.1 monthsdown from 6.4 months.
CERN & LHC Computing 5.7 monthssame 5.7 months.
PC Games Hardware 9.6 monthsdown from 10.2 months.
VMware 11.3 yearsdown 1.0 years.
AWSFolds11.3 monthsdown from “never”
While most stats were in our favor last week: Not so much this week. Cern and Nvidia seem to be in a race to see who can pass us first. If that’s true, then remember, we are the prize.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week14786th881k.
Last week14894th898k.
2 weeks ago15095th877k.
3 weeks ago16895th725k.
5 weeks ago18190th505k.
6 weeks ago21290th751k.
7 weeks ago21983rd600k.
8 weeks ago21679th337k.
9 weeks ago16652nd425k.
We are still fielding strong numbers. If you jumped in earlier and got out because there were no WU’s to work on, please come back. Lot’s of work available.

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK19.24 million.
2WhitehawkEQ11.30 million.
3HayesK10.99 million.
4P4EE6.33 million.
5JrClocker5.84 million.
6torin35.36 million.
7Macaholic4.86 million.
8Computekinc4.74 million.
9dfonda3.75 million.
10TC3.65 million.
11OSUmaxx3.04 million.
12orion4562.98 million.
13squads2.47 million.
14hshtick2.40 million.
15don256us2.36 million.
16bbeyer2.32 million.
17 [EsMd]Slayer2.19 million.
18harlam3572.16 million.
19belorsch 2.14 million.
20synthetic fenix1.83 million.
21darkknight1871.17 million.
22gulp351.71 million.
23DarkWarrior1.66 million.
24Travis4Sutton1.56 million.
25davekusa1.47 million.
26 rpkole 1.01 million.

Very good numbers here. Most of the movement is due to generic fluctuation in points. Something we see from WU to WU. Very proud of you guys for staying involved.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

Nope. Until I get a better understanding of how to setup tables with this new system, it ain’t gonna happen. I’ve been working on it from the point of writing the code itself in a readable manner. This helps to copy/cut/paste/edit individual rows and columns. We will get individual milestones back but you’re waiting on me to figure it out. In the meantime, please post your milestones below.

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

Macaholic #18
HayesK#23
HayesK#41
WhitehawkEQ#42
P4EE#67
RamonetB#89
orion456#103

[TD]RoXQi3x[/TD]
[TD]#94[/TD]
[/TR]
Orion has dropped out of the top 100 for the world, however, we’re going to grandfather him in for several reasons. 1) He is still a very active folder. 2) All of the top 100 are taking a beating due to some extremely heavy hitters. 3) These heavy hitters are temporary folders. Much respect to you guys at this level.

MVP of the week!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Last edited:
Two things have conspired that will probably result in a bump in production for me. 1) My son bought me Unraid for my cake day. 2) WhitehawkEQ gave me a call and we had a nice chat. 3) You should always list at least three things.

I’m not promoting Unraid and don’t even start to think that you need it but I have it and this is what I’m learning so far. In fact, no, lets just talk about the *one* item of interest with this product. Unraid runs from a USB drive and while I can install VM’s to run an OS which then runs F@H, apparently, Unraid lets me install a “docker” to run F@H directly from Unraid? I have yet to get an array built to even start trying this out but parts are on the way. I may post a quick review or how-to but again, this will in no way be an endorsement, rather, just my experience.

WhitehawkEQ rang me up and we spent the entire time bitchin’ about you lot (Read with an English acent. For no reason. Neither he nor I are British. It’s just more fun to do so. Perhaps I’m watching too many British shows during quarintene.) We didn’t really talk any trash about you guys. I just wanted to see if I could get a rise outa’ ya’ all. We got to talking about hardware and I knew that I had to go through my dead rigs and find what I can salvage. I have started that process and hope to get my Unraid gear to folding rather than collecting dust.

Another issue that Whitehawk and I discussed was the creation of the tables. He suggested that I change the setting from 500 pixels to 200. I have done that for this week. Due to the various devices that you guys use, I want feedback. I will try % at some point too. If you see an issue please give me a brief idea of the issue and why type of device you're using. Computer, phone, tablet, etc.

Team Conquest/Threat List
PCMR 2.6 monthsup from 2.2 months.
NVIDIA Corp 4.1 monthsdown from 6.4 months.
CERN & LHC Computing 5.7 monthssame 5.7 months.
PC Games Hardware 9.6 monthsdown from 10.2 months.
VMware 11.3 yearsdown 1.0 years.
AWSFolds11.3 monthsdown from “never”
While most stats were in our favor last week: Not so much this week. Cern and Nvidia seem to be in a race to see who can pass us first. If that’s true, then remember, we are the prize.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week14786th881k.
Last week14894th898k.
2 weeks ago15095th877k.
3 weeks ago16895th725k.
5 weeks ago18190th505k.
6 weeks ago21290th751k.
7 weeks ago21983rd600k.
8 weeks ago21679th337k.
9 weeks ago16652nd425k.
We are still fielding strong numbers. If you jumped in earlier and got out because there were no WU’s to work on, please come back. Lot’s of work available.

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK19.24 million.
2WhitehawkEQ11.30 million.
3HayesK10.99 million.
4P4EE6.33 million.
5JrClocker5.84 million.
6torin35.36 million.
7Macaholic4.86 million.
8Computekinc4.74 million.
9dfonda3.75 million.
10TC3.65 million.
11OSUmaxx3.04 million.
12orion4562.98 million.
13squads2.47 million.
14hshtick2.40 million.
15don256us2.36 million.
16bbeyer2.32 million.
17 [EsMd]Slayer2.19 million.
18harlam3572.16 million.
19belorsch 2.14 million.
20synthetic fenix1.83 million.
21darkknight1871.17 million.
22gulp351.71 million.
23DarkWarrior1.66 million.
24Travis4Sutton1.56 million.
25davekusa1.47 million.
26 rpkole 1.01 million.

Very good numbers here. Most of the movement is due to generic fluctuation in points. Something we see from WU to WU. Very proud of you guys for staying involved.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

Nope. Until I get a better understanding of how to setup tables with this new system, it ain’t gonna happen. I’ve been working on it from the point of writing the code itself in a readable manner. This helps to copy/cut/paste/edit individual rows and columns. We will get individual milestones back but you’re waiting on me to figure it out. In the meantime, please post your milestones below.

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

Macaholic #18
HayesK#23
HayesK#41
WhitehawkEQ#42
P4EE#67
RamonetB#89
orion456#103

[TD]RoXQi3x[/TD]
[TD]#94[/TD]
[/TR]
Orion has dropped out of the top 100 for the world, however, we’re going to grandfather him in for several reasons. 1) He is still a very active folder. 2) All of the top 100 are taking a beating due to some extremely heavy hitters. 3) These heavy hitters are temporary folders. Much respect to you guys at this level.

MVP of the week!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

I did not mean to use 200 for all the tables, I changed the 1st table to 400, 2nd to 400, 3rd to 300 and last table to 200. Looks better :comp::rofl:

Last edited:
I did not mean to use 200 for all the tables, I changed the 1st table to 400, 2nd to 400, 3rd to 300 and last table to 200. Looks better :comp::rofl:

Cool. Thanks.
I did:

No word wraps on my screen.

I have a shot at earning 3 million ppd! Anyone above me in the team standing better look out, except for.... well.... most of you above me in the team standings. Those below me and gaining, I'm making it that much harder to pass me up. Good luck to ya.

Just bought a (second-hand) toy for work, but I'll need to test it out with FaH at home before we're back on site and I can install it. Only a Tesla K40 but it ought to be worth *some* points. :)

My PPD seems to have stabilised at just below 500k PPD.

Put the new vid card I had in mind on hold for a while, figured I'd benefit from a new core system more than just a GPU for the time being. Current system is just over 8 years old now, and have been seeing some weird fluctuations in temp sensors on the motherboard that the usual puttering hasn't seemed to fix. So, i'll be here @ 2.2-2.4M PPD for a few months I guess. :>

I have a shot at earning 3 million ppd! Anyone above me in the team standing better look out, except for.... well.... most of you above me in the team standings. Those below me and gaining, I'm making it that much harder to pass me up. Good luck to ya.

Gonna be hard to dethrone sitting at 13th (10th active!), especially with that 2B point lead, but we'll get up there someday! :cheers:

New guy here. Looks like I might hit top 10 PPD in the next report depending on how much time the machine spends on crunching for my actual job.

Pretty nice stat tracking that you do here. Keep up the good work!

New guy here. Looks like I might hit top 10 PPD in the next report depending on how much time the machine spends on crunching for my actual job.

Awesome! We are super happy to have you on the team. Any and all points count so... Thank you.

:welcome::grouphug:

Took a hit today thunderstorm broke our record for power outage (6 and a half hours)...and since the heat had already cut me in half, Comp is going to pass me sooner than later.:eek:

Maybe I spoke too soon. Folding makes my machine do a hard reboot every time I let it run overnight. I guess I need to do some homework.

Maybe I spoke too soon. Folding makes my machine do a hard reboot every time I let it run overnight. I guess I need to do some homework.

Sounds like it's not quite stable - have you been tracking CPU/GPU temperatures? Is your machine overclocked?

I finally got to see the reboot happen this morning. There was no BSOD or screen freeze. The machine simply powered off and then rebooted. First reboot attempt seemed to fail or it had to change some BIOS setting and try again. Second try was successful. This was all automatic without any intervention on my part.

GPU temps hold steady at 45-47C, CPU temp this morning was only 60C but it normally hits 80-85C after an hour and then sits there indefinitely. Neither the GPUs nor CPU are overclocked.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I can start a new thread in the right forum tonight.

Your PSU may be going bad, how old is it? I had a PC do this for a year, then the circuit breaker would trip, I have replaced the PSU and no reboots or breaker trips.

I finally got to see the reboot happen this morning. There was no BSOD or screen freeze. The machine simply powered off and then rebooted. First reboot attempt seemed to fail or it had to change some BIOS setting and try again. Second try was successful. This was all automatic without any intervention on my part.

GPU temps hold steady at 45-47C, CPU temp this morning was only 60C but it normally hits 80-85C after an hour and then sits there indefinitely. Neither the GPUs nor CPU are overclocked.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I can start a new thread in the right forum tonight.

No worries. We'll help all we can *and* you can post a new thread in a more appropriate sub-forum if we can't help. I agree with Whitehawk that the PSU is the most likely culprit however,

Please post your system specs so that we can better asure the correct answers. Most people create a signature with their system specs. If it were a hard drive issue, you generally see a lockup. If it were CPU or RAM, you generally get a blue screen. If your power supply unit (PSU) is of poor quality, and/or old and/or near it's max limit, you could have the issue you describe. Mind you, we are only giving our best guesses.

Alright, well, you asked for it :p

What's currently in the machine (will add sig later):
i9-9980xe
ASUS Rampage Extreme VI
128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
Corsair AX1600i
2x Titan RTX

Normally, there are 4x Titan RTXes in there, but two are currently on their way back to Nvidia for replacement. This problem existed when all four GPUs were in place.

Cooling on GPUs is from 2x480x60mm Alphacool rads w/fans in push-pull, cooling on CPU is from a 360x60mm Alphacool rad w/ fans in push-pull.

I don't have a good pic handy, but this is a quick snap from when I was testing the RGB alarms. All RGB except the pumps is normally off but will flash red to indicate a thermal alarm on the respective loop (there are three loops). The pump rings are off until they fade in from dark (32C) to blue (35C) to red (39C) to flashing red (40C) as the coolant passes through the different temps. Pump screens and CPU block screen are always on.

Everything is plumbed so that it is modular and reconfigurable to make maintenance and troubleshooting easier. Those QDCs were a godsend when trying to track down the bad GPUs earlier.

My best Folding day was a month or two ago when the machine kicked out ~10 million points.

gHx7IVn.jpg

Back