• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pairing ASRock X570 Taichi to 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kawzman

I was thinking about using the 1TB Sabrent Rocket Gen4 M.2 SSD with the ASRock X570 Taichi. My concerns are the cooling capability of the Taichi's heatsink and fan and fan noise. I haven't found a lot of info or benching out there. Thoughts? Thanks for the support as always!

Somewhat will depend on your use case. If you're going to be throwing 8k video files around all day it might pose an issue.

Generally I would assume that the board was designed for Gen4 drives and the hardware should be adequate. It looks like all 3 M.2 drives are connected via thermal pad to a single large piece of aluminum. I'm guessing it has enough mass and surface area to be okay. I glanced at a few x570 taichi reviews, and none mentioned problems with Gen4 SSD thermals. Of course none mentioned Gen4 SSD thermals period.

I was testing some other PCIe 4.0 SSD on Extreme4 motherboard which is pretty much the same as Taichi and there were no problems with the noise or thermals. I was also trying 2x PCIe 3.0 without any problems.
There is a large heatsink and thermal pads for M.2 SSD and chipset.
In the worst case or if you have M.2 SSD with its own heatsinks, you can even remove the upper heatsink and use only the small, chipset one that is still enough for normal work.

Thanks Zerileous and Woomack. Yes that's one large heatsink that covers all 3 m.2 slots with a cooling fan at top right centered over the chipset that aids in cooling. That heatsink is removable, so I could install the sabrent with its heatsink but I like the look of the mobo heatsink, especially with the embedded RGB lighting. I will likely throw the GPU in the top slot.

Back