• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10BBBBBBBBB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whitehawk. Congrats on the 10B stone.
Now that my old HayesK has reached 10B, have pointed my GPUs back at HayesK_ALL... and the 20B stone.
Tried to keep the run to 10B interesting by using similar GPU, but my slightly less powerful Linux GPU were still able to out produce your Windows GPU.
Linux <= 12-GPU ( 8-980Ti, 1-1060, 1-1070, 2-2070 Super ) as HayesK =>
Windows 12 GPU's (10 EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 2 EVGA RTX 2080 Super)

Whitehawk. Congrats on the 10B stone.
Now that my old HayesK has reached 10B, have pointed my GPUs back at HayesK_ALL... and the 20B stone.
Tried to keep the run to 10B interesting by using similar GPU, but my slightly less powerful Linux GPU were still able to out produce your Windows GPU.
Linux <= 12-GPU ( 8-980Ti, 1-1060, 1-1070, 2-2070 Super ) as HayesK =>
Windows 12 GPU's (10 EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 2 EVGA RTX 2080 Super)

It's not that I don't know Linux, it's that I have a hard time finding and installing GPU drivers in Linux.
Windows is so much easier :)

It's not that I don't know Linux, it's that I have a hard time finding and installing GPU drivers in Linux.
Windows is so much easier :)

Ubuntu 20 is pretty good for this - tick a box and it gets the nVidia drivers for your cards automagically. Worked for my laptop (Quadro P520) and for a couple of workstations (low end Quadro K and P cards).

Whitehawk. Ubuntu with GUI is nearly simple as windows. The nvidia drivers are located in "Software & Updates" under the "Additional Drivers". There are some nvidia drivers included with the default install, but you will need to add the graphics-drivers ppa to get the most recent versions available.

Most of my hosts are running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Desktop version, although a few are still on 16.04 LTS. Have not made any fresh installs lately, but could give the new 20.04 LTS a try with the latest FAH v7.6.13, make some notes and share the results/issues.

You guys are amazing....

CONGRATS on hitting 10 billion

.....it wasn't that long ago when 2,000 ppd was in the top tier.

Whitehawk. Ubuntu with GUI is nearly simple as windows. The nvidia drivers are located in "Software & Updates" under the "Additional Drivers". There are some nvidia drivers included with the default install, but you will need to add the graphics-drivers ppa to get the most recent versions available.

Most of my hosts are running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Desktop version, although a few are still on 16.04 LTS. Have not made any fresh installs lately, but could give the new 20.04 LTS a try with the latest FAH v7.6.13, make some notes and share the results/issues.

Daddy Hayse, will you hold my hand as I install Linux and the drivers? :rofl: JK! :)

Back