• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RVIEE OLED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hdtvnuth

Just obtained a 10980xe and have it on a Rampage VI Encore board with a HK IV, xres140/D5 and 360GTX. So far just at "AI Optimize" level. Working well, but I see little difference in multiplier vs temp from an earlier setup with a re-lidded 7980xe on an Asrock OCF, same cooling and mem. The R6EE does have a BIOS I like better, stronger VRM section and more connectivity, but I wouldn't have bought it if the deal wasn't pretty good.

The color OLED is pretty, but it seems to be inaccurate on CPU temp. At idle, it reads the same (35-36 deg) as "package temp" on my utilities, but at 85 deg package, it says 71 deg, and diverges proportionally in between. Anyone with an Omega or Encore finding this? Thanks.

Package and cores are different locations. id gather they are reading different sensors. I havent checked against it on mine. Does it match realtemp?

Where did you buy that cpu? I've been looking for months!

So I better not use the OLED to limit heating, no? Will check out realtemp.

BH was teasing us five weeks ago with ads saying pre-order or the price might go up, while not accepting pre-orders on the website. I got them on chat, and was told if I wanted a tray version, they could ship within ten days. But no warranty, no return. Boxed version was finally available a few days ago for about 25 minutes. Talk to them.

Last edited:
Confirm what the oled matches and go from there. :)

I'm on the list to let me know when it's available, but nothing. Ill check chat and tray. :)

EarthDog, I dl'd what seems to be the latest version, 3.70, of realtemp, but it seems to be limited to "max" and five cores. Should I be looking at "max"? I don't see a way to customize it. I've checked several other utilities, and the cpu temp is always higher than the OLED except at idle (35-36). At 83 deg indicated in them, the OLED says 71 deg +/- 1 deg. Could you compare yours to HWINFO64 or HWMonitor "package" readings?

That 71 deg reading is probably what I should stick at or below.

Correct. Realtemp hasn't been updated to run more than six cores (if you run the realtempGT option it shows 6). But it is still accurate. You can try coretemp if to see all cores. It reads current/live temps and max.

I would use the higher reading not the lower. You can also force the CPU to throttle... they will all do it at 100C...

Back