• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IX October: Geekbench4 Single Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Link in the OP is fixed. My apologies, I just copied the link from HWBot and never tested it. Looks like it takes you to the latest and greatest.

Lets try this again. I increased the memory to DDR4-4400 (was DDR4-4266) and added 100MHz to the CPU for 5.2GHz(was 5.1GHz)

MaddMutt/i9-9900kf/AIO/6180
snaphsot0006.png

One.. I'll put up a couple more soon. :)

Earthdog/i9-7960x @ 4.5 GHz/Water/5755

5755 7960.jpg

EDIT: Don't leave that green background on your PC.... I left it up and when I got up from my machine, I saw purple, hahahaha

Last edited:
Nine is supposed to be like this: IX :thup:
Tempting btw:D wondering if taco xeon should teach all this new cpu generation how things are done..

Turn off hyperthreading and let er rip buddy :thup:

Now that its cool again 1.6v+ is your friend, its not a strenuous bench :)

I haven't given this one more than 1.525v because I think 4.9 is all she's got :cry:

People say 1.4v is bad for these Ivy's.. maybe.. but I can for sure say my old Asus did not appreciate it lol.

For you guys on Intel running dynamic overclocks, have you tried running this bench with a static overclock? Just curious.. I picked up about 5GB/ps in Linpack Xtreme running a solid clock and vcore vs a dynamic one. I am bored with static oc and now am playing with dynamic..

Covid-19 took my job from me yesterday, so looks like I have some free time. Too bad I didn't buy that computer when I had the chance lol. Although not having a monthly car payment is nice too.

Sorry to hear about your job... :(

What do you mean by dynamic overclock? Like auto or where when using balanced ppwer plan? Not sure what you're saying here. My 4.5 ghz is manual cpu ratio and vcore.

Lets try this again. I increased the memory to DDR4-4400 (was DDR4-4266) and added 100MHz to the CPU for 5.2GHz(was 5.1GHz)
** CADDI DADDI| 8086k| WATER|6174

^ You beat my 1st submission <- Disallowed -> of (6118) and your just a ~ away from my 2nd submission (6180):facepalm:

Either my system does not like 5.2GHz, had it set to run on only 4 cores (0,2,4,6) with no ht. It didn't like my memory OC :-(
The bench likes more memory as I have only enabled 4.5GB for benching, from the 16GB that's available?? I will have to dig into this problem :popcorn:

Sorry to hear about your job... :(

What do you mean by dynamic overclock? Like auto or where when using balanced ppwer plan? Not sure what you're saying here. My 4.5 ghz is manual cpu ratio and vcore.

That's what I get for trying to be technical :D

By dynamic I mean acting like a stock CPU but overclocked, clock speed and voltage ramps up and down, and by static, I mean just 1 clock, 1 voltage.

And thanks, its a real bummer. Sign of the times I guess. Going to upgrade my education while I can.

Freeagent , sorry to hear that, dear sir. Taco had a month off not too long ago as well. Everything up nd running again though..(construction)

I'm going to try my courage with some mad volts now. What's the worst that could happen if temps are in check?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I have geek bench 4.3.4, is that c9rrect?
Website takes me to "mobile??" Page and no download option in sight? How?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Ah blast!!:bang head
It requires internet to get score. Who thought of that?! Brrrr
(Dont have internet..)

Hey guys, figured I'd come say hi and drop a sub. Tried for more but I only have IC Diamond on the die so the cpu is not too happy because of temps.

DR4G00N/8700K/Water/6958

snaphsot0003.png

Hey guys, figured I'd come say hi and drop a sub. Tried for more but I only have IC Diamond on the die so the cpu is not too happy because of temps.

I noticed that when I do a burn in, that IC thins out and I have to adjust my mounts. Goes on thick as hell when cold.

@ DR4G00N/8700K/Water/6958
^ Thanks :) It looks like the bench loves tight memory. I'll have to switch to my 8700k to run those settings :-(
Do you have the CPU de-lidded?

Another Sub... I increased the CPU to 5.3, set affinity to cores 2,4,6 (no HT), and reduced the memory to DDR4-4000 with tighter timings.
MaddMutt/i9-9900kf/AIO/6332

snaphsot0005.png

@ DR4G00N/8700K/Water/6958
^ Thanks :) It looks like the bench loves tight memory. I'll have to switch to my 8700k to run those settings :-(
Do you have the CPU de-lidded?

Yeah, the chips delidded but only with paste on the die, have some Conductonaut in the mail but I don't know when that'll show up.
Fast mems definitely help but I noticed the gains were not big beyond 4k 12-12.

Score is lower than I was hoping for TBH, might fire up the chiller to counteract the bad temps from the paste on the die.

Got my Conductonaut yesterday, cpu is much happier now.
Score is still low, need to switch to a full os and not a stripped version. Previously I was able to get over 7500 @ 5.3 with both my 8700K & 7350K.

DR4G00N/8700K/Water/7250
snaphsot0005.png

As much as I had to do around here I took a me day .... OOps .... I see I have a bit more work to do.

bassnut / 3900X / Water / 6226

geek4.png

Back