• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help replacing 3 files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Needing help with replacing these 3 files that seem to be causing BSOD's on my machine.

clfs.sys
classpnp.sys
ntoskrnl.exe

I need to know the file locations for the 3 above files.

I also want to know are these 3 files 3 generic files as in the information in them isn't unique to my machine.

Windows start up repair or from a disc/dvd will not work.

Wanting to know if I can grab the above 3 files from another working Windows 7 machine then put them into the appropriate directories?

If I can do this is this possible via Windows 7 recovery using CMD or can I straight copy/paste using a linux distro.

Not wanting to do a reinstall just wanting to know if the above will solve me issue so I can proceed.

Thanks all,

Bandit.

Won't work.
Those files aren't whats causing your BSOD's.
They are the collateral damage of a hardware error. Probably memory. Or a greedy overclock.
Your OS is fouled. You need a re-install.

Won't work.
Those files aren't whats causing your BSOD's.
They are the collateral damage of a hardware error. Probably memory. Or a greedy overclock.
Your OS is fouled. You need a re-install.

Would removing the memory resolve the issue by chance? just asking because my issue has gotten worse (no over clocking done on this machine). Just created a new thread about what happened there.

I would definitely test it. You're using mixed sticks, that in itself could be a problem.

Ok its not the sticks. If it was I wouldn't even get anything coming up on screen just like when I first put the machine together.

I had a look at my case and the board I am using my sata cables bend. One of them is a blue colored one but it looks almost white where the bend is in it.

I am getting the 3 of my 3 HDDs that will sometimes show in BIOS and sometimes not.

Problem with all of this is nothing is making sense. I have changed/done nothing hardware wise until today when I opened the machine and no real software changes apart from the GPU driver update. I tried booting without the GPU and result is the same.

PSU ruled out as I just purchased a 80 gold Coolermaster one just to be sure since the PSU in my sig is old enough that it needed to be replaced anyways. New one is a 600w one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back