• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sambisu

Registered
I am overclocking my EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA from the EVGA Precision X1 application. I have been able to get up to +115 core and +1000 mem. I have the voltage and power limit sliders maxed out, but still seems like there is some thermal headroom. Is there a way to get the power limit above 105%? That is where the slider maxes out in Precision X1. Would that help me push past my current OC settings anyway?

Ah so that is probably what I need to do. I had come across something about EVGA releasing BIOS update, but I was confused as I didn't realize there were separate BIOS for the GPU that you could update.

Yea I'm definitely a bit apprehensive about doing that. Would like to be able to push the card a little further, but not sure I want to risk it with GPU BIOS.

Yeah as far as I understand the XOC is for extreme overclocking with subzero cooling more so than maybe getting a tiny bit more on the stock cooler

So I did install the updated BIOS. The update worked just fine, but didn't seem to do much in the way of performance. Still unable to get the GPU clock above +115.

Back