• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Equivalent replacement for a Logitech G700 mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm looking for a wired/wireless mouse to replace my G700 that one of the cats seems to have knocked off the desk one too many times.

What is the current equivalent model. I'm having a hard time finding a good match among all the other models out there.

Right handed, and configurable thumb buttons for forward/back web browsing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The G700/G700s are vastly expensive because they're discontinued. The closest I've found is the G900/G903.

The G700/G700s are vastly expensive because they're discontinued. The closest I've found is the G900/G903.

I went with the G903. I'm not all that happy about the ambi form factor, but I'll deal.

I might see if I can fix the old one, but I was due to replace the micro-switches again because I wear them out with clicking too hard.

Somewhere I have a nice corsair wired mouse, but I can't find that one.

I went with the G903. I'm not all that happy about the ambi form factor, but I'll deal.

I might see if I can fix the old one, but I was due to replace the micro-switches again because I wear them out with clicking too hard.

Check the cat's toy stash...:)

Let us know how the G903 is.:thup:

I honestly prefer the ambidextrous layout, lets me have pinky buttons :)

It is pretty silly but you are right. It does seem discontinued pc parts are selling for more than newer pieces like there is a collector base starting all the sudden. For example I just sold my old ASUS GTX 970 on ebay for $155US which is a 50% increase over what I paid for one about 2 years ago when it wasn't as old. I was also looking at my old Corsair C70 cases on ebay. One just like it with dents and scratches is selling for over $150US with a day left. It was only $130 NEW. It makes zero sense what is going on but if you have semi old pc tech laying around you might want to get it listed.

@torin3 I was just about to post the 903 so glad you found that one. Kind of pricey for my tastes but curious how you like it.

I have an article written for the front page which will be posted soon, showing how to replace the switches in the G700s.

https://www.overclockers.com/forums...fix-the-double-click-problem-on-your-G7-mouse

Second to last post has a video that shows how to do it for the G700. I've done it twice on mine already.

I could probably do a video of it. The digital microscope makes it a lot easier.
You can fix it this way, but it will keep happening unless you replace the whole switch, which is what I recommend in my (soon to be posted) article. The Omron switches from Japan are higher quality than the China made ones, and should last a long time. They cost a whole $1.50 each (+ shipping) from DigiKey.

You can fix it this way, but it will keep happening unless you replace the whole switch, which is what I recommend in my (soon to be posted) article. The Omron switches from Japan are higher quality than the China made ones, and should last a long time. They cost a whole $1.50 each (+ shipping) from DigiKey.

I pointed you to the video at the end because that is desoldering and replacing the switches. That is what I've done 2 time. I'll pick up some of the Omron switches as I'm out of switches at the moment.

I pointed you to the video at the end because that is desoldering and replacing the switches. That is what I've done 2 time. I'll pick up some of the Omron switches as I'm out of switches at the moment.
Oh, sorry, missed that, I was distracted! Which switches do you get? I'm surprised you've had to fix it multiple times.

Oh, sorry, missed that, I was distracted! Which switches do you get? I'm surprised you've had to fix it multiple times.

To be honest, it was 3 years ago I ordered them and I don't remember. I still had a couple 9 months ago when I did it again, and they were starting to show signs of problems just before the mouse took its terminal cat fall. So I don't think they were all that outstanding. I did get them from Digikey if I remember right.

For example I just sold my old ASUS GTX 970 on ebay for $155US which is a 50% increase over what I paid for one about 2 years ago when it wasn't as old.

the GPU's are because of the current market and mining making a comeback miners are buying up everything powerful which is making people who are new to building left to buy old cards. E.G. i recently bought two 970's because it was the most powerful card i could even buy for my two daughters computers. There was literally not a single gpu aside from bottom of the barrel display cards that you could buy new.

I have 10 M570 Logitech trackball and I have replaced all the switches on mine, there are 3 types of switches and I have a big supply of each.
You may be supersized to know that any 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel has a middle button, press down on the wheel to feel the click.

In the pics, you can see all 3 types of switches, 1 is damaged with a dent in it.

DSCN0729a_.JPG

DSCN0729_.JPG

Last edited:
G903 arrived today. Very comfortable so far. Manual says to have the wireless receiver within 20 cm of the mouse. The keyboard I have has a USB port, so I put it there

Can't get the GHub software to install though. I'll have to see what I can find out about that.

I have 10 M570 Logitech trackball and I have replaced all the switches on mine, there are 3 types of switches and I have a big supply of each.
You may be supersized to know that any 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel has a middle button, press down on the wheel to feel the click.

Nope, not surprised. I've had quite a few mice open, and have seen all 3 types of switches. They are all in the G700 as well.

Nope, not surprised. I've had quite a few mice open, and have seen all 3 types of switches. They are all in the G700 as well.

I knew you knew :) my comment about the scroll wheel was for those that did not know.

Back