• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GUYS something noticeably interesting bout C1's....look!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

as you know, I have bought 2 C1's so far both very poor overclockers at least not what most have hoped for...
I went to another Pc club today and my previous C1's were week 35's

I saw a week 45 C1 at this other PC club.... I looked closely at it, and after looking at the pinned side of the CPU the little chips in the middle are arranged TOTALLY different from my other C1's

so far...this C1 I currently bought has overclocked to 2.7ghz on DEFAULT voltage!

none of my previous C1's have hit anything close.

I am wondering if those little chips on the bottom, the new configuration is the secret to the C1's that overclock well!
It very well could be....

I am goin to drive this C1 further tonight, I will let you all know what I am able to get it to...
SO FAR it looks promising :)

I seriously think the little chip positions on the bottom of the processor have to do with its ocing ability.

So far have had this processor stable at 1.68v idle
booted into windows and stress tested for 30minutes, lets hope it stays stable....oh yeah its at 3ghz EXACTLY!

very happy if it stays stable....
I will post up pictures soon as I think its stable....
WOOT!

last saturday i got a 2400B C1 OEM Philippines that rocks a lot!!!
can do 3150 1.525 liquidcooled, can do 3400 at 1.71v
255.JPG
stable only with 4:5 (with 3:4 and memory at 510 is a little impossible :D)

good cpu i think, not??
aircooled i'd tryed only 3ghz at 1.525 and it works

damn nice!

Well, the final clock is in I think...my board has a 845PE chipset and a lot of those have been maxing out at 165-167FSB in the reviews....mine seems to be happy at 165fsb, couldnt take 170fsb or the processor one of them.

But I am at 2.97ghz close enough to 3ghz =)
1.68v idle 1.62v load.
37C idle 49C load.
165mhz FSB tested with memory at 1:1 first
decided to say what the hell and put memory at 3:4
memory is so far stable at 440mhz!

I am happy so far...I will post pictures in a few minutes

I just hope it will be stable for couple hours of gaming =)

I'm more inclined to think that the later pack date (week 45 compared to week 35) might be more important than anything else. We saw the same thing last spring and summer with the BO stepping. The latest pack dates always seemed to overclock the best as they continually made improvements to the core and chip.

Still, if the chip arrangement really is different, that's very strange. I have a high-res pic of the bottom of my CPU. Amdking, if I mail it to you would you let me know if it's the "good" or the "bad" overclocking type? Thanks.

Edit: this is written on my CPU (besides the voltage and speed, which I didn't bother with):

sl6gq costa rica
3241c402 0233

Its hard to say if you have a really good chip or not, IMO its not a real good C1 unless it does 3ghz+ prime95 stable with under 1.75v...My very early (pack date of Aug 02 sometime) C1 does 2.85 at default vcore on air....it will run all day at 3.0ghz on 1.525v only Prime95 shows up any instabilities. Even with 1.825v its still not Prime95 stable above 2.8ghz.
If you have had other C1's that would not even clock to 2.7ghz thats bad :(
As batboy says though, the later the better!

markodude said:
Its hard to say if you have a really good chip or not, IMO its not a real good C1 unless it does 3ghz+ prime95 stable with under 1.75v...My very early (pack date of Aug 02 sometime) C1 does 2.85 at default vcore on air....it will run all day at 3.0ghz on 1.525v only Prime95 shows up any instabilities. Even with 1.825v its still not Prime95 stable above 2.8ghz.
If you have had other C1's that would not even clock to 2.7ghz thats bad :(
As batboy says though, the later the better!

Prime also has something to do with memory errors not just cpu errors.

Prime still is not the definitive answer but if your machine cannot run prime then it is not stable. There are better ways to tell if it is stable. I can run prime all day long but as soon as I run super pi at too high of a speed for my system it will crash. Every system is different. Some people can run super pi all day while prime will show errors. Liek I said prime is not the definitive on system stability. I once thought that and caused my self alot of headache tryign to get my system stable with just prime alone:rolleyes:

I got a week 35 2.53b (C1) that does 3.1 gig at 1.744 volts on air. It may do higher but haven't tested. It passed the 16M SuperPI run (took 32'). At 1.66 volts it will do up to 3.04 gig. Everything in 3D is stable and Memtest is totally clean. I got no complaints.

It is a 10-30 pack date Malay, got it in Japan. I am figuring maybe the early pack dates not too bad as they may have run out of 2.53 chips and used 2.66s or 2.80s.

With the 2.26b BO steppings, it seems the early pack dates around June were doing 3 gig, but later pack dates nobody was crowing about doing 3 gig. Same with the 1.60as, as far as doing 166 fsb+. Mid range pack dates were best with them.

I just tested an old 2.53b (BO) of pack date 6-17-02 last night. Even it did 3 gig on a BD7II. It did 3.03 gig at 1.744 volts on air. It might do 3.01 gig at 1.7 volts. It only managed 2.92 on a P4B266-E and TH7II. A good MB has a lot to do with it. I can probably do 2 mhz higher on both CPUs on an Albatron 845PE board!

The C1 runs much cooler. At the same voltage, the C1 runs 33 C while the BO 38 C (temp probe on CPU).

Amd, which store did you find them at? Since you said the other ones didn't O/C so well, I didn't get one, but I'll probably get one now. Yes I'm the guy in Tempe.

steve

How can you tell the week in which an OEM processor has been made? Does anything in this line (on the heat spreader of my CPU) have that info:
3241c402 0233

Thanks.

actually, looks like a week 41. The first digit "3" is the plant, Costa Rica. Second digit is "2" is the year 2002. The 3rd and 4th digits are the week 41.

Buzzdog

Is this the FPO# on the box you're looking at? So, if my processor has FPO# 3239A330 it means mine was made in the 39th week? Pack date is 11/13/02.

laja said:
Still, if the chip arrangement really is different, that's very strange. I have a high-res pic of the bottom of my CPU. Amdking, if I mail it to you would you let me know if it's the "good" or the "bad" overclocking type? Thanks.

Edit: this is written on my CPU (besides the voltage and speed, which I didn't bother with):

sl6gq costa rica
3241c402 0233

Send me the picture [email protected]

I can tell you if your chip arrangement on bottom of CPU is same as mine, since its in the 40's for the week# Im guessing it very well may be. or close....

Well, I think I hit the sweet spot....
the CPU is currently running stable at 3ghz exactly
1.68v idle 1.63v under load.

I am very happy with this C1, now I need to figure out why my stupid board wont do 4:5 for memory and only 1:1 and 3:4

my memory cant handl 440mhz even unaggressive timings.

So...I am stuck at 334mhz for memory aggressive timings. hehe

some pix....

fceadf0b.jpg

fceadf0d.jpg

Back