• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770K Vs 2700K (or 2600K) looking for benchmarks (clock for clock OC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

sorry if i missed a thread but i trying to find benchmarks of the 3770K overclocked vs 2600k (or 2700K) overclocked the same. (clock for clock)

anyone have both chips or know of someone that did this yet? i wanted to see the temp and power consumption comparisons between both. as well as performance difference.

im kinda happy so far for keeping my 2600K. it runs very very cool at 4.5ghz compared to what i see with 3770K

Unless there is a specific feature you must have about the 3770, or if you just want one to put it through some paces and not expect it to give you any real useful gains, then by all means.

Otherwise, clock for clock the 3770 is barely an upgrade from the 2600k in respect to performance alone. Zero performance increase in gaming, and some improvements here and there with some select applications. IMO, if you would use your machine for a month with the 2600k, and someone would secretly install a 3770k for another month, without checking your CPU info, you wouldn't notice it.

what i figured but i i wanted to see how close the two were clock for clock even while overclocking. i saw that the 3770K was getting a little more FPS while encoding hd video (H.264) but thought it would be cool to see 4.5ghz for both and how each did.

Back