• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stdrt.exe Virus. Can't get rid of it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol i get rid of thing like by searching the file and then deleting it or try avast they are free and they have a boot scan that helps me out alot too
CLicky

“stdrt.exe”, removal, finally.

Finally I have defeated the “stdrt.exe” that hides in C:/windows/temp/mrd......

It took me some time to deal with it but finally with the help of the free edition of “Malwarebytes”, it has gone, I found in my search for what it was that it is a programme that eats up your memory, and that it keeps re-appearing after removal on reboot.

There is a small programme that is hidden in your root files that re-installs this nasty little thing every time you re-boot, I don’t know what it is but this is how I got rid of this little pest.

I scanned the file “stdrt.exe” by right clicking on it then from the dropdown menu selected “scan with Malwearebytes”, after the scan Malwear asks you what you want to do, select “Remove selection” but do not re-boot at this stage.

Then go and do a “quick scan” of your system in Malwearbytes, you should end up with about 6 Infections, one of these is the root programme, only 5 of mine were selected automatically, so I selected the 6’th and then selected “Remove selection”.

You will now be prompted to re-boot your system, do it now.

On re-boot no more “stdrt.exe”.

Back