• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official E5200 Club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abarth_1200

Let us know why you choose the E5200 CPU, what you use your computer for and if its OC'ed show it off here.

Ill start, this is my first build and only had it a few months so Im probably relatively new to this,

3.5Ghz
FSB @ 333
Multi @ 10.5
Vcore at 1.39 (CPU-z)
Load temp 54 Degrees C
Idle temp 32 Degrees C
Cooled by an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

No doubt ill get trumped soon but lets hear from all E5200'ers

Woot!

I bought mine when i built my new computer, i'd gotten to the point where i'd had enough of my laptop and wanted a tower again, so i priced out the ultimate computer for $400ish (what i figured i could get for my laptop), and at the time the e5200 was king. So presto!
Now things have changed a bit, but the e5200 is still excellent.

2.5ghz at the moment as i'm on the stock cooler.
FSB @ 333
Multi @ 7.5
Vcore @ ~1.1
Load @ 51*c
Idle @ 41*c
Cooled by a ghettolapped OEM HSF.
Asus P5Q Pro mobo.

This coming week i'll get the xigmatek HDT-S1283 i bought from the classifieds and i'll head into the higher OC end of things. I've hit 3.7ghz wprime stable, but load temps were around 65-70*c in the cores, and i'm not down with that (despite it most likely being just fine).

In testing i found that it'll run at 1200mhz on .85v very happily, though somewhat slowly.
At some point i'm going to see how fast it'll go on .85, cause the temps were nice and low :D

Last edited:
I've got 3 of them. Check my sig for specs.

Th File Server is underclocked and undervolted at 333x6 2GHz 0.856v to run super-cool and efficiently. All other voltages in the BIOS are also on the min setting. File Servers just don't need that much power.

The other 2 seemed to like 300x12 3.6GHz 1.344v and 333x11 3.67GHz 1.408v.

These are great bang4$ chips!

Edit: Stop the presses!

I remembered how well my FILE SERVER E5200 OC'd when I first tested it out. I decided to swap the chips w/ SPEED-QUEEN, and now I'm priming at 333x12 4GHz 1.408v!

These chips seem to vary widely in the way they OC. I have 3 that are all M0, and they are all quite different.

Edit2: Here the a link to the thread I did on my first E5200 when I installed it in the file server. This is the same chip that is now priming at the above settings...make that 1.416v. 1.408v stopped at 15mins.

Last edited:
E5200 on a P5Q with stock HSF
HD4850 pluged to my Sharp full HD 42"
Into an Antec300

OCed to 3.0 just cause i dont want to see my MHZ under 3.0 ;). This computer run all the racing games ive trown to it without any issue @ 19x10 res. i did not tryed any higher ... maybe one day !

Idle 36 / load 45

looking good, thats a huge screenshot dixon, you got a 26 inch moniter or something cus im running a 20 inch widescreen at 1600x900 and that doesnt fit:cool:

A bit off with my ges, anyway great overclock, I did manage 3.9 before but I really didnt like the voltages and temps, I had to put my vcore way up to 1.45

Nice! 3.9's higher then a couple review sights have managed, pat yourselves on the back for that :D

On a different angle, how high of FSB have y'all managed at low multis? I stuck mine at 400x6 and it failed so completely that i had to open the case up and muck with the clr_rtc jumper, usually the p5q-pro is smart enough to detect a failed overclock and bail me out.
I'd like to get 400x9-10 out of it, but a 100% bus OC seems unlikely.

I like to stick with 333FSB. 350 is about the max on a decent board. You might be able to get a little higher, but the voltages needed just aren't worth it. 333FSB will allow you to run the NB at min voltage and just focus on vcore, CPU GTL Ref, PLL, and VTT to get the CPU stable at a multiple of 333FSB.

My P5Q-EM didn't like more than 320FSB...not sure if it was the chip or board, but I put it at 300FSBx12 = 3.6GHz.

My setup won't buy 350fsb, 340 it'll do, i seem to have found the limit at the current voltages.

This is just my standard desktop, web browsing, FAH, and the ocaisional video encoding.

I chose this cpu because it was cheap, and had decent performance for the money, i wasnt in to overclocking when i chose it, but i had read good things about the oc results.

I have mine at 3.75 ghz (it does 3.35ghz on stock Vcore of 1.17)

FSB @ 300 cant go any higher on my mb because of the lack of mem ratios (currently running my ddr2 800 ram at 1000, any higher and memtest fails)
Multi @ 12.5
Vcore @ 1.29
Load @ 58*c
Idle @ duno, im running fah all the time.
MB: Asus p5kpl-am (doesnt have many oc options)

I have a new mb on its way DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS iP45 Socket 775 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard , im hoping to push the cpu to 4ghz or as close as possible :D

I also have and e5200 in my server, tried ocing that to see if it was a better chip then my desktop, out of the 2 i have had, 1 was a good overclocker, and didnt need that much voltage, and the otherone needed alot of voltage and wouldnt even go over 3ghz.

Last edited:
This is just my standard desktop, web browsing, FAH, and the ocaisional video encoding.

I chose this cpu because it was cheap, and had decent performance for the money, i wasnt in to overclocking when i chose it, but i had read good things about the oc results.

I have mine at 3.75 ghz:

FSB @ 300 cant go any higher on my mb because of the lack of mem ratios , and no pcie lock.
Multi @ 12.5
Vcore @ 1.3
Load @ 58*c
Idle @ duno, im running fah all the time.
MB: Asus p5kpl-am (doesnt have many oc options)

I have a new mb on its way DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS iP45 Socket 775 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard , im hoping to push the cpu to 4ghz or as close as possible :D

No PCI-e lock!! Really? I thought all skt 775 mobo's that supported C2D had a lock. Thinking about it, Are you sure you havn't got a lock? Without a lock I wouldn't expect you to get anywhere near 3.75Ghz.

(Leaving the E5200 owners club, Should have a Quaddy by next week :D)

No PCI-e lock!! Really? I thought all skt 775 mobo's that supported C2D had a lock. Thinking about it, Are you sure you havn't got a lock? Without a lock I wouldn't expect you to get anywhere near 3.75Ghz.

(Leaving the E5200 owners club, Should have a Quaddy by next week :D)

I read on this forum that it didnt have a pcie lock on it, i dont know what truth there is in it.

i edited my original post to remove that, if i can find out 100% sure il put it back .

What mobo you running? Can't see it in your sig

im using a Asus p5kpl-am i wasnt intending to oc when i brought this board. its good for small ocs, but anything big it isnt very good . but you can pick it up for £35 so its alright for budget builds .

I like to stick with 333FSB. 350 is about the max on a decent board. You might be able to get a little higher, but the voltages needed just aren't worth it.

i got 350fsb at 1.21250vcore with a ga ep45-3sdl
i also tried 400 but bios auto reset, gonna try and fiddle around inbetween 350-400

I like to stick with 333FSB. 350 is about the max on a decent board. You might be able to get a little higher, but the voltages needed just aren't worth it.

i got 350fsb at 1.21250vcore with a ga ep45-3sdl
i also tried 400 but bios auto reset, gonna try and fiddle around inbetween 350-400

I had the multi at 6 and was just seeing how high I could get the FSB. It was on an MSI P43, so not the best for OCing (although I was able to load windows and get a CPU-Z validation at 4.16GHz). 333FSB was easy, completely stable, and was possible w/ min voltage on vtt, vNB, etc. 350FSB worked as well (didn't test for stability). I tried 366 and 375, but it was a no-go. I increased the vNB, vtt, and a few other voltages a few notches, but I was going nowhere.

I hit the point of diminishing returns. I'd rather run 333FSB than run 366 w/ high voltages on everything and on the very edge of stability. I could try to run 340-350, but I just like the way 333 looks and sounds. ;)

BTW, I ended up dropping the multi to 11.5 on the SPEED-QUEEN E5200. I tried up to 1.44v vcore and it was still failing small-fft at 15-17mins at 333x12 4GHz. None of the other BIOS settings did anything to help either. So now that chip is running at 1.352v, and 333x11.5 3.84GHz. I don't need that last 160Mhz if it's gonna take another 0.1v. Plus it was getting into the upper 70's*C.

Last edited:
yeah 333 does sound cool.
I'm logged in now at 3852mhz 335 x 11.5
vcore 1.36 (cpuz)
idle 34c load 55-57
gonna run small ffts over night and hopefully post a screenshot tomorrow

Back