• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reset verizon dsl/wireless router wep key.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokie

First of i have to tell toy i dont know much about networking. Never really needed it. I need to know how to reset or delete the wep key on a verizon dsl modem/slash wireless router. Im upgrading the wireless card in a laptop for a friend of mine and for some reason the desktop and the laptop are not jiving. Also before you ask i did get the wep key from the desktop but that still will not do the job. Simply i jut need to know how to reset the dsl so it is not encrypted so i can get the lappy up and going. Thanks in advance.:confused:

Does this router have a model number? I would suggest switching to WPA or WPA2 ASAP, as WEP can be broken with not much effort.

WPA can also be broken if you are going to use WPA switch from TKIP encryption to AES as this is much harder to crack.

I heard Verizon routers only have WEP, a tech can enable WPA. Not sure where I heard that.

Back